Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I want one of these

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I want one of these

You need to go find some concrete ditches to skate. Perfect for what it sounds like you want to do.

Reactions: Autoprax

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You need to go find some concrete ditches to skate. Perfect for what it sounds like you want to do.
There is ditch of the 76 in Oceanside next to Home Depot that looks good from the highway. I want the wood ramp because I want privacy in the back yard.

Isn't wood more forgiving than concrete?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I cant figure out slappies, been skating for years. I can do the nice curved curbs but the vertical ones I cant roll up on?
riding regular board on 53 spitfire classics

we dont have the beautiful California curbs here

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
There is ditch of the 76 in Oceanside next to Home Depot that looks good from the highway. I want the wood ramp because I want privacy in the back yard.

Isn't wood more forgiving than concrete?
Yea wood is more forgiving but its way more fun to have a long ditch you can get momentum going and carve around. easier too.

Theres a pump track they just built here but its normally full of bikes and scooters. I need to check it out.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I cant figure out slappies, been skating for years. I can do the nice curved curbs but the vertical ones I cant roll up on?
riding regular board on 53 spitfire classics

we dont have the beautiful California curbs here
This may help. And you can use a rub brick and some clear laquer to make imperfect curbs skateable.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
that's rad. i'd be curious to hear more about the build. template, skeleton etc. '
Think of it like a tilt up building, built in pieces. Concrete forms for the transitions and flat, pour them with the fiberglass rebar and mesh for strength, then used a gantry system to drop in place and assemble. The cracks between the pieces make for easy drainage, like a sidewalk. Real mellow transitions, just fun