The Skaters of the ERBB

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
How does kne clean the trucks on these things?? Mines getting slow and for some reason the spring always gets loose. Thats 1.

And 2. Anybody care to recommend some good knee/wrist guards before i kill myself. Im gettin older and my wrists are pretty bad already.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
How does kne clean the trucks on these things?? Mines getting slow and for some reason the spring always gets loose. Thats 1.

And 2. Anybody care to recommend some good knee/wrist guards before i kill myself. Im gettin older and my wrists are pretty bad already.
1? huh

2. pro design knee pads are the best, plenty of other brands that work.fuck wristguards learn to fall without catching yourself. You can break your writs BAD wearing wrist guards.

Reactions: paunch23

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Yeah i know. I have some tore ligaments and is just cronic by now.

the wheels on mine dont spin well. I tried my friends , which is newer, and the thing is so friggn fast. I guessmine needs cleaning or new bearings or something. Im no skateboarder. Dont know sht about skates.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Yeah i know. I have some tore ligaments and is just cronic by now.

the wheels on mine dont spin well. I tried my friends , which is newer, and the thing is so friggn fast. I guessmine needs cleaning or new bearings or something. Im no skateboarder. Dont know sht about skates.
ah gotcha probably need new bearings. Do you have a local skate shop?

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
wanted to share this video. Always been a hue Tom Penny fan and a lot of footage here I hadnt seen.
Enjoy or dont enjoy haha
The man, the myth, the legend.

I saw this on slap the other day. Classic.

"A young Tom Penny shows up at a shop demo for Becker Surf n Skate way back in like 1995, and he's with Chad Muska. The two of them are immediately searching for a place to drink and smoke. They can't do it in front of the security guards and parents in stuffy Orange County, so the only place for them is down the side of this big grassy slope. They had to stash their alcohol and bong in a backpack. Everybody wants Tom to skate but for most of the demo he's just tucked away down the side of this grassy slope just enjoying nature, getting high and drinking beer!

Finally near the end of the demo, someone propped a small spine ramp on top of the pyramid and people were trying to do their enders for the crowd. Tom spontaneously grabs a board and still with his backpack on that he was hiding beers/bong inside, without any warm up, he launches that giant frontside flip over the whole god damned spine. The whole place went apeshit. It was levels above what people were used to seeing. And someone captured that magic moment on video."

http://instagr.am/p/CLW5335D_e1/

Reactions: santacruzin

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
There is a bearing thread below.

Just buy super reds, or if you really want to get fancy, get big balls reds. Most skateboarders really won’t be able to tell the difference.

They’re going to wear out either way, and taking them apart to clean them isn’t really worth the hassle.

Bearings aren’t engineered to last forever.

If you want to get all cork-sniffy about it, I guess buy the bones Swiss ceramics and then stand around talking to your friends about them.

• Haha
Reactions: scooch