The Russian Ruble

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I wonder if the local currency exchange is holding any rubles....be great to pick up 100 of them for 1 USD plus 5% (or whatever) commission.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wonder if the local currency exchange is holding any rubles....be great to pick up 100 of them for 1 USD plus 5% (or whatever) commission.
Then you wait?

For things to get better?

Good thinking Komrade

Does Putin regret invading Ukrane or does he still think he's going to turn it around?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Then you wait?

Good thinking Komrade

Does Putin regret invading Ukrane or does he still think he's going to turn it around?
$.02

It'd be better if he had annexed the East and the West was a rump state cut off from the Black Sea with some sort of Yanukovych running it, but he invaded to shore up domestic political support in Russia, and I was under the impression he did that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
$.02

It'd be better if he had annexed the East and the West was a rump state cut off from the Black Sea with some sort of Yanukovych running it, but he invaded to shore up domestic political support in Russia, and I was under the impression he did that.
Do you think it worked?

The domestic' support, I mean?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Didn't a million people leave?
There's 140 something million people. In the absence of an actual fair election with a real opposition candidate who doesn't get poisoned, imprisoned, or thrown off a balcony, the best we have to go off of is the media's reporting of his support.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
There's 140 something million people. In the absence of an actual fair election with a real opposition candidate who doesn't get poisoned, imprisoned, or thrown off a balcony, the best we have to go off of is the media's reporting of his support.

A combo of Propaganda working and people being scared to express dissent. Exactly what the Putin loving Trumptards want in America.

Reactions: hammies and Woke AF

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't see how Russia comes out of this.

I wonder if the west is trying to do a slow drain on them to weaken them.

Like boiling a lobster.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
IMHO the main component is the average Russian's nationalist tendencies.
I think in the west we think that other places think like Westerners but in other places, Russia and Africa, they think differently.

I really noticed this with my Middle East students.

We do the same thing with pyscopaths.

We can't imagine people would think they way they think because we don't think that way

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Then you wait?

Good thinking Komrade

Then what?

I don't know.

What I do know is when I was a kid, looking at dear old mom's unintended collection of stamps (on envelops) and money from various parts of the world back from when she worked for the State Dept (US Consulate Service), I found it all somewhat magical and enthralling.....so I guess this would be a cheap and easy way to access memory and feelz from my childhood. Might be why i still have low denomination paper money from elsewhere in my box of crap I would miss if it burned up but wouldn't truly be bummed like I'd be if much more practical stuff (say, the deed to my house, SS card, passport, etc) went up in smoke.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I don't see how Russia comes out of this.

I wonder if the west is trying to do a slow drain on them to weaken them.

Like boiling a lobster.
Twenty of Putin's troops are killed 'when fist-fight between Russian soldiers escalates into battle with grenade launchers and machine guns' | Daily Mail Online

Yup. We're probably just feeding the conflict just enough to keep this thing on a burn for as long as possible. The dangerous thing, IMHO, could possibly be the total breakup of the country into a bunch of independent states. All with nukes. But that's probably just me anticipating the worst. Glass half empty guy out!

Reactions: Woke AF

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I think in the west we think that other places think like Westerners but in other places, Russia and Africa, they think differently.

I really noticed this with my Middle East students.

We do the same thing with pyscopaths.

We can't imagine people would think they way they think because we don't think that way
This.
A SA girl friends mother was a psychologist working for some large corp in Jberg. She said the blacks experience time differently and have very different priorities compared to Westerners(Whites). The corp was trying to get them to be responsible reliable worker clones but ... they would not show up for work on time or for days.
And trying to understand psychopaths is a fools' errand down a dark rabbit hole. Fucking monsters are real.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Twenty of Putin's troops are killed 'when fist-fight between Russian soldiers escalates into battle with grenade launchers and machine guns' | Daily Mail Online

Yup. We're probably just feeding the conflict just enough to keep this thing on a burn for as long as possible. The dangerous thing, IMHO, could possibly be the total breakup of the country into a bunch of independent states. All with nukes. But that's probably just me anticipating the worst. Glass half empty guy out!
The US has teams that can go in an grab the nukes.

But yeah, it's a recipe for disaster.