The Random Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Is it true that it is against the law (or maybe a City ordinance) to bar-b-que in Los Angeles County because of smog? Serious question for anyone in LA.
read it and weep

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
read it and weep

It'll be fine if we all wear our double masks like we're supposed to

Reactions: Joshua2415

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
read it and weep

Looks like it only pertains to lighter fluid and self-lighting briquettes for the backyard BBQ/grill, so you can still do it, just not light up the charcoal with it.

Been using one of these for close to two decades now, never ever a problem. Free yourself from the shackles of lighter fluid hegemony and move towards better tasting grilled/BBQ food!

1616000518324.png

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
read it and weep

I now have to think whether that's as bad as Petaloony banning any new drive-thru restaurants and gas stations.

As they are rapidly growing. :drowning:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So no In-n-Out line snaking down to the Madonna Inn?
Not unless they agree not to have a drive thru.

There used to be a MickyDs on Foothill in SLO. When they built it, they copied the blueprint from other MickyDs including the drive-thru.

I used to live right near it and once in a while, you'd see some out of towners pull into the drive thru and sit there looking confused when they couldn't find the little talk box and menu sign. :monkey:

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni and Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not unless they agree not to have a drive thru.

There used to be a MickyDs on Foothill in SLO. When they built it, they copied the blueprint from other MickyDs including the drive-thru.

I used to live right near it and once in a while, you'd see some out of towners pull into the drive thru and sit there looking confused when they couldn't find the little talk box and menu sign. :monkey:
For the volume In-n-Out gets, they'll need a very large parking lot.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
For the volume In-n-Out gets, they'll need a very large parking lot.
Every in-n-out I've ever seen is a gold mine of cars wrapping around the building, on a daily basis.

There is one in Atascadero and it's busy af all the time. Same with the one in Kettlemen City which is just outta control on many days. Same with the ones in Fresno. Same everywhere.

They aren't a franchise either, so all those gold mines are owned by the company. They must have serious cash flow, even with the tiny margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.