The Random Photo Thread - The Sequel

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I have this site that I look at where I get my silly Random Photos.
I was scrolling along and I notice this old CZ that looks a lot like the one I had when I was VERY young.
Then I realize, HOLY FOOK!
That's me at Indian Dunes International Track on the 2nd jump in front of the announcer's stand.
I was 16 in 1974. If I recall correctly, I ended up 2nd place in that race as a CRC 250cc intermediate.
The neighbor kid that used to tag along with us to the races took the photo.
Good times indeed :jamon:
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 6.22.31 PM.png

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I was scrolling along and I notice this old CZ that looks a lot like the one I had when I was VERY young.
That's me at Indian Dunes International Track on the 2nd jump in front of the announcer's stand.
I was 16 in 1974. If I recall correctly, I ended up 2nd place in that race as a CRC 250cc intermediate.
View attachment 178807
Awesome photo Steve! How are your knees and lower back now that you’re ummm much older?

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Awesome photo Steve! How are your knees and lower back now that you’re ummm much older?
I quit racing at about 19, I'd been doing it since I was 14 but surfing started to take priority.
...And a pretty gnarly crash at Bay Mare track out in Simi Valley that really got my attention.
Glad I did it though, my parents were very supportive at whatever I did.
Knees still good, my back however :foreheadslap:

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I quit racing at about 19, I'd been doing it since I was 14 but surfing started to take priority.
...And a pretty gnarly crash at Bay Mare track out in Simi Valley that really got my attention.
Glad I did it though, my parents were very supportive at whatever I did.
Knees still good, my back however :foreheadslap:
Voltaren Gel is your best friend if your back issues are along the spine. I was able to stop injections (2-3 times a year) in my spine once I was clued in to Voltaren (it has since been removed from prescription required to over the counter at any drug store, Costco, etc. works pretty much on all joints (other than fleshy area like hips and shoulders).

Reactions: terdroamer

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
View attachment 178807
Congrats on the external validation!

But I have a question: is it better seeing this now (later) than how you imagine it would have felt then (sooner)?