The ***Official*** TRT Thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Let's talk TRT.

Are you on it?

Are you looking to get on it?

What are your experiences with TRT, and specifically as it relates to surfing?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think it's safe if you just get levels in the high normal.

caca, you are in your early 40s?

That is too soon.

You are going to have to take forever.

There are no free meals.

I heard someone say if you get morning wood you T levels are fine

I think creatine is a good supplement. Safe and cheap

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
TRT has side effects, which may include:
I had my prostate removed due to an aggressive, cancerous tumor about 5-6 years ago. The surgeon told me afterwards she removed it before the tumor “exploded” (her term). Said the PSA count will eventually become negligible since the prostate is gone. The number eventually dropped to 0.07.
I was on TRT at the time (one injection every 2 weeks) and working out like crazy at the fitness center. I managed to get TRT gel and stupidly began using the gel, along with the injections. I managed to get up to 5 sets of 25 chin-ups per workout. Feeling strong, feeling great (no nut shrinkage, no acne. No mood swing, etc., etc. etc.

Had a routine annual physical and the blood panel revealed the PSA count jumped to 1.7. That’s normally a low number but with my medical history it was alarming. Saw a different urologist (change of insurance plans). Told me the cancer returned! Said we need to lower the PSA, maybe a chemical castration! Fark!

Went to my surgeon for a consult. Told me to stop TRT and get the blood work redone in a few months. The PSA dropped to 0.02 and has remained there the past few years. The surgeon put me on shots again and warned me not to use the gel as an additional T protocol.

I don’t think I could manage 25 chin-ups now, much less 5 sets. But that’s OK, I’m still around. John

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
aside from being sore all the time, i feel like i have unusually high T
ive heard trt is like $1,000 a month
i dont feel like i need any extra muscle or test, but i'd like to stop being sore

friend of mine is convinced a few teaspoons of baking soda today make his body more alkaline and he says he is never sore now. i am not all that convinced

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think it's safe if you just get levels in the high normal.

caca, you are in your early 40s?

That is too soon.

You are going to have to take forever.

There are no free meals.

I heard someone say if you get morning wood you T levels are fine

I think creatine is a good supplement. Safe and cheap
Mid 30s, but here's a story:

A while back, after many years as an insomniac, I was prescribed sleep restriction therapy. It works if you stick with it but it is hell - the idea is to completely exhaust you, show you how well you can function on no sleep, and make it so you DGAF. Then you sleep.

It took about 2.5 - 3 months to click. So that's 2.5 months of around 3 -4 hours of sleep a night, MAX 5.5 hours.

A side effect of consistent lack of sleep is low T. I did not really think about this upon initiating.

You keep exercising daily through all this.

At first everything was fine. But well into the second month I noticed my recovery time had become epicly slow, and on top of that I had injured my knee. By the time I started sleeping well I noticed I felt like a total weakling, my endurance was pitiful - I would be gasping for air during a normal surf session. No morning wood. I remember thinking I'm sleeping well but it feels like I'd aged decades.

And then it clicked - low T. All those months of no sleeping had probably plummeted my testosterone levels. I never had them checked but it made a lot of sense.

After about a month or two I was back up to snuff though, raging hard on in the morning too so guess I'm good now.

But it did get me thinking, if aging is like this than TRT when the time comes might really be worth it.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
TRT?

Is that like trick or treat with a Mexican pro in Tijuana or something?

I'm 55 y.o. broken back fused in two places, L4/L5 and L5/S1, basically have three vertebrae as one. my neck is screwed, from the base to C1. both my knees mcl's are no bueno.

I surf weekly, smoke pot daily, bone my wife as often as she'll let me, get morning, noon, afternoon, evening, midnight, wee hours of the night wood, never lift a weight other than my swinging my garden tiols in my garden, hobble around in pain, and only take any pills for the pure fun of it, recreationally... as in get wasted every way once in a while, or knock out for any flight over 5 hours in duration.

All this crap is in your head.

If you aren't amped to surf, maybe the surf around you is crap, or too crowded to be any fun anymore.

If you aren't amped about your significant other, maybe they aren't sexually exciting to you anymore.

If you are a fat fook because you sat your ass at a desk job for too long? Ask yourself if the paycheck and pension plan were worth that?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
All this crap is in your head.

If you aren't amped to surf, maybe the surf around you is crap, or too crowded to be any fun anymore.

If you aren't amped about your significant other, maybe they aren't sexually exciting to you anymore.

If you are a fat fook because you sat your ass at a desk job for too long? Ask yourself if the paycheck and pension plan were worth that?
All that is part of it too, for a lot of people.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Heart this or that kills a lot of people. Hell of a trade off for some pull ups. Eventually I hope to stop wanting to fvck so much...

Reactions: john4surf

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Oh, man.
You look mid 50s.
Is your daughter single?
:oops:

I don't even want to say those things, but you put that picture on here and you're lucky to get off so easy. Photoshops might be coming from others with...motivation.
:LOL:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
why Jeffrey Epstein?? #notsocurrentevents

Anyway back to the original post, I had never heard of TRT before Duffy mentioned it in another thread, but I would think the risk of heart attack should be a serious deterrent for guys that are old enough to need this. Most are probably trying hard to keep their cholesterol down as is. Wouldn't it be easier to just pop a pill if you are having ED?

Last edited: