***The Official Retirement Post***

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
It's official, I gave notice to my boss and HR yesterday that I will be retiring on September 30th. After 29 years of faithful service to the State Judicial System, I've decided it's time to really have some fun. My pension would be fully maxed out if I waited another year but the difference in pay would be minimal. Now's the time to enjoy life, travel, surf whenever I want to, play tennis, pickleball, fish, buy a new truck and trailer, maybe even a boat.

Another fun fact is that I've accrued so much vacation time that I can apply it towards my offical date of separation which would put me out of the office somewhere around the end of July. 1711728324936.gif

Oh yeah, and I'm 58 years old. 1711728412783.gif

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Congrats on reaching the retirement threshold before age 65.

Now, about that retirement surfboard gift to yourself......any ideas?
Thanks Doof, I recently inherited several boards after my brother in law passed away. I need to test those out first. ;)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Congratulations.

I had more time and less stress when I was working five days a week.

I think I'm doing this wrong...
I was thinking of retiring way early but what then?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
It's official, I gave notice to my boss and HR yesterday that I will be retiring on September 30th. After 29 years of faithful service to the State Judicial System, I've decided it's time to really have some fun. My pension would be fully maxed out if I waited another year but the difference in pay would be minimal. Now's the time to enjoy life, travel, surf whenever I want to, play tennis, pickleball, fish, buy a new truck and trailer, maybe even a boat.

Another fun fact is that I've accrued so much vacation time that I can apply it towards my offical date of separation which would put me out of the office somewhere around the end of July. View attachment 176495

Oh yeah, and I'm 58 years old. View attachment 176497
well done. this is your last best decade coming up and you chose to exit, stage left :cheers:

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013

Another fun fact is that I've accrued so much vacation time that I can apply it towards my offical date of separation which would put me out of the office somewhere around the end of July. View attachment 176495

Congrats! Gotta say Im pretty jealous. I didnt set myself up good so I'll probably die on the job. My wife on the other hand is on the same trajectory as you, 25+ years in the Oxnard school district and she should be done in a few years retired at 57.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005

Fark yea dude! Congrats.
I threw in the towel (well, sorta had it thrown in for me) last June and thought WTH am I going to do now?
LOTS!
Been commercial fishing occasionally, got a addition/remodel I'm going to be helping a contractor friend with next month, been hiking, working on the house, lots going on.
I love it.
You will too.:shaka:
I might eventually pick up a PT gig at some point but in no hurry, when the right thing comes along, I'll jump on it.

Reactions: SrPato and Mr Doof

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I was thinking of retiring way early but what then?
For fuck sake, do you ever post anything positive?

Seems you drown yourself in a magnum sized bottle of negativity every day. You should hire someone to follow you around. And every time you say something negative, they slap you upside your head. You'd probably be getting slapped all day for the first few weeks.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Way to go man! That's awesome. Now you can live the dream and just chill.

What you going to do next? Write a book? Travel? Start a blog covering the life of being a midget wrestler?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
For fucks sake, do you ever post anything positive?
I was just empathizing with sharky, Dad.
Seems you drown yourself in a magnum sized bottle of negativity every day. You should hire someone to follow you around all day. And every time you say something negative, they slap you upside your head. You'd probably be getting slapped all day for the first few weeks.
Don't threaten me with a good time.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I have a bunch of neighbors who have retired in the last year or two.... Some of them are having fun but some of them are clearly lost. I have a hard time empathizing with someone who can't figure out what to do besides work - I just don't get it. It's as if they are only partially formed adults. :shrug:

Reactions: Black