***The Official Dog Thread***

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Day 3 of dog sitting and I love this dog. So pleasant to be around. Loves to play, loves to chill, hardly barks
As much as I love her, I feel like I need my freedom and do t want that to mean my dog isn’t happy while I’m out for the day
So I’m leaning towards not getting a dog for now, but I’d love to share custody of this beautiful girlView attachment 158947
Sharing custody is tougher on dogs than you might think. A couple of days is one thing. Dogs get used to the boss. I feed them, my wife walks them when she’s here. She is prone to education by la chancla. I don’t have to call them twice. They know where they eat and who fixes them chicken and rice and scrambled eggs. They love her but not as much as they love food. Disclaimer: both dogs belong to our kids. They’ve been here 6 months. Kids are too busy.

In the word’s of my amiga Doña Julia, if you can’t take care of a dog please don’t procreate.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
our 2 week dog sitting was a great experience that confirmed I was right about the reasons I’d love having a dog, and also right about reasons I don’t want a dog
it boils down to the same thing I always though. I don’t want to be tied down and our house is empty too often for a dog

maybe someday that’ll change
but not for a while

Reactions: $kully and Aruka

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Old, fat, smelly, ugly - been with us before the kids and located across the globe.

14-year-old goodboy - Makulu (literal translation being "Big" in Zulu).
Boston terrier x Pug.

Lucky for him I used my phone's wide-angle lens, his waistline's really blown out :D

IMG_2415.JPG

The asshole who blinded the other one. Poked one eye with a stick, then a month later finished the job by blunt force / flat out running into him at the beach, detaching the retina. He wears the literal and proverbial cone of shame.

5-year-old shithead - Koos (kinda hard to explain this one)
There's staffie in him, other than that, I can't tell :D

IMG_2270.JPG

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
How about thunder and lightning storms?
View attachment 160519
Not so tough now are you hijo de la chingada.
we had border collie years ago that got so desperate during thunder storms that she would try to get herself into the 3" space under the couch.

this guy isnt phased by much, except maybe the occasional coastal black bear that wanders through the yard

IMG_3658.jpeg

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
we had border collie years ago that got so desperate during thunder storms that she would try to get herself into the 3" space under the couch.

this guy isnt phased by much, except maybe the occasional coastal black bear that wanders through the yard

View attachment 160524
Big fella. We don’t have bears here but my understanding is that he can smell them a long ways away. Gastón is only afraid of two things: jamming electrical storms and my wife’s chancla. Electrical storms not as much as my wife’s chancla.