$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
please, for any of you morons who own or are contemplating buying a shotgun (or any gun) KEEP IT UNLOADED AT ALL TIMES UNLESS PREPARING TO FIRE

and even when you are POSITIVE that it is unloaded, treat it and handle it as if it were loaded, hungover, grumpy, and still twitching after too many rails of sub-par Yahtzee the night before

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Good dog with a gun?
So the dog goes into the trunk of the car WITH a cocked/loaded (photo looks like either a single shot or a double barrel?) shotgun.

That'll teach him. Should have let the dog drive.

EDIT: one of the photos shows a pump.

That's way too complicated for a retriever.

Last edited:
Reactions: donuts

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
please, for any of you morons who own or are contemplating buying a shotgun (or any gun) KEEP IT UNLOADED AT ALL TIMES UNLESS PREPARING TO FIRE

and even when you are POSITIVE that it is unloaded, treat it and handle it as if it were loaded, hungover, grumpy, and still twitching after too many rails of sub-par Yahtzee the night before
does this advice hold for your pets as well ?

exceptions to the rule are oftentimes cool...

and what about if you only do really good coke ?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
So the dog goes into the trunk of the car WITH a cocked/loaded (photo looks like either a single shot or a double barrel?) shotgun.

That'll teach him. Should have let the dog drive.

EDIT: one of the photos shows a pump.

That's way too complicated for a retriever.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Year and a half old hound (we think a Rhodesian) + pitbull mix. First dog, adopted him as a puppy (so much work) and he's the best. Loves the beach, swimming, sleeping anywhere comfortable in the house.

Energy level x1000 he will chase a ball, stick, swim, hike until he falls over but has mellowed out significantly in the past 6 months or so. Can't imagine a better dog

IMG_4977.JPG

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Woke up this morning with my dog bleeding from the nose. Took him to the emergency vet to find out he has a large vascular mass in his abdomen :cry: Girlfriend and I are absolutely crushed. Waiting on more tests but it doesn’t sound good. Today is not a good day.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Woke up this morning with my dog bleeding from the nose. Took him to the emergency vet to find out he has a large vascular mass in his abdomen :cry: Girlfriend and I are absolutely crushed. Waiting on more tests but it doesn’t sound good. Today is not a good day.
Sorry about that Skull. Hopefully he pulls through. Loosing them is hard. I can still fight back tears over Thor's death. It's been over a year.

I have found that mixed breed mutts are by far hardier than purebreds. I lost two pure bred dogs to cancer before the age of six. Hybrid vigor. I don't remember if your dog was pure bred or not. Consider the above to be me prattling/chain of thought BS.

Reactions: john4surf