*** The Official 2022 What Are You Listening To Thread ***

of enter the 'Mandrillifesto' by Martin 'Youth' Glover Destroyer Dub Remix] & by Alan Moore -N- Joe Brown Martin Glover thank you Youth☆*~^!

Listen to Alan Moore & Joe Brown 'Mandrillifesto' [Youth Destroyer Dub Remix] by Mandrillifesto on #SoundCloud

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
I still wonder what he means by "the harder they come the harder they fall."
The song is about "getting my share what's mine" but who is hard and who is falling hard? Can you think of someone "hard" who is about to fall hard?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I still wonder what he means by "the harder they come the harder they fall."
The song is about "getting my share what's mine" but who is hard and who is falling hard? Can you think of someone "hard" who is about to fall hard?
If you have not watched the movie yet should answer your question highly reccomend it:cheers:

Reactions: Aquaman2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
If you have not watched the movie yet should answer your question highly reccomend it:cheers:
I did see the movie in the 1980s, but I still don't know what he means "the harder they come the harder they fall." In the movie Cliff's character "Ivan" shoots a cop, so he became a criminal on the run. When he recorded the song "Harder They Come" was he thinking of himself as a "hard" guy who would fall hard? Here is a review I just found:

"Ivan may not be an existential hero, but he knows he is going to die in the very near future, and this conviction accelerates his celebrity and his fanatical devotion to the swiftly dwindling present moment of defiant self-awareness" (Sorry to get political here, but this sounds like a Trumper militia guy.)
The Harder They Come review – Jimmy Cliff falls hard in visceral revenge western | Movies | The Guardian

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I did see the movie in the 1980s, but I still don't know what he means "the harder they come the harder they fall." In the movie Ivan shoots a cop, so he became a criminal on the run. When he recorded the song "Harder They Come" was he thinking of himself as a "hard" guy who would fall hard?

"Ivan may not be an existential hero, but he knows he is going to die in the very near future, and this conviction accelerates his celebrity and his fanatical devotion to the swiftly dwindling present moment of defiant self-awareness"
The Harder They Come review – Jimmy Cliff falls hard in visceral revenge western | Movies | The Guardian
How far are you welling to go to make it or in this case record a album. For me the movie was Jimmy Cliffs version of the "cross roads with Robert Johnson "sale your soul devil" etc only he did island version included poverty etc and cop killer hereo "Bonnie & Clyde. I think the chorus: harder they come....harder they fall is battle cry to get up and do some think etc stand up. The soundtrack from film complete set really tells the story...
The film, in turn, becomes a document of the universal urge for someone to exist on their own terms. "It's the story of politics and religion," Cliff said. "The political field is all about big corporations controlling power, and if it's not in the political field it's in the religion (that) wants to control your mind.

Reactions: Aquaman2