*** The Official 2021 What Are You Listening To Thread ***

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Heard this tune in a surf video/"edit" in 2020 and can't stop listening to it. I got in touch with the founder/singer/guitarist last week asking him for the lyrics and tab, and he actually sent me a couple videos of him explaining the different guitar parts. If anyone knows what surf flick/"edit" this is from, let me know....

Reactions: LipService

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
AquaMan - you turn us on to great Rasta tunes.

I appreciate you man. Rock on.
Thanks dude. I was not aware reggae existed until age 26. I saw a music video of Third World doing "Try Jah Love" and was astonished. Where have they been? Where do you find this kind of music? Nowhere. Hard to find, because it seems totally banned from American radio, even the black radio stations won't play reggae. In 1981 I discovered a program on Sundays for 2 hours (Roger Steffens and Hank Holmes KCRW in Santa Monica). That became my Sunday "mass" for a decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua2415

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
My favorite music is reggae but a number of other music have significance to me. The following video was the first song that came on the radio after I got high, when I got back to my car from my first college class at CSULA, Psychology 101. I smoked my first joint at 17 listening to this song in my car at night after class. This was a profound awakening. I left my body in bliss.

Reactions: maybe