Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@Sharkbiscuit
Take yer pick (w/key pocket)

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
My wetsuits all have key pockets, but this stupid euro car doesn’t have a damn key hole :mad:

guess i can get a Cyber suit and give homeless people cigarettes to look out for my car like the old days

• Haha
Reactions: freeride76

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
My wetsuits all have key pockets, but this stupid euro car doesn’t have a damn key hole :mad:

guess i can get a Cyber suit and give homeless people cigarettes to look out for my car like the old days
I bought that thing Duffy recommended on Amazon. Its a waterproof pouch you can put under your wetsuit.Just put your key fob in it and good to go.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Maybe it's buried a hundred pages back, but what do the inside of your yammie, luxury wetsuits look like?

I feel like the budget suit options are stuck in early 00s tech with these linings.
Cyber's website is straight out of 1998, so do any of you have a pic of the liner in your favored high end 'prene?

Thanks

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
You wanna see the inside of my what?

No fancy liner on the inside of a Feral. Just taped seams
feral is the most bare bones, ime.

bit more going on witb isurus and you can tell sliding it on/off. I’m quite fond of their kidney warmer patch.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Maybe it's buried a hundred pages back, but what do the inside of your yammie, luxury wetsuits look like?

I feel like the budget suit options are stuck in early 00s tech with these linings.
Cyber's website is straight out of 1998, so do any of you have a pic of the liner in your favored high end 'prene?

Thanks

I guess this is what I'm getting at.

$589 Isarus
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 12.14.54 PM.png Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 12.15.04 PM.png

Volcom- $189 on sale. Most sizes

$469 Rip Curl F series. They offer another step up with no stitches and the E series with what sounds like a lesser lining
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 12.23.49 PM.png

I couldn't find a pic of the inside of an oneill

Aug 9, 2015
Wanted to try the yammie hype.
Ordered a Colby+ for myself. Ordered a Feral for the wifey.

Very similar suits. Yamamoto 40 in the arms/shoulders is very stretchy. Rest of the body not quite as stretchy, but who cares. No fuzzy liner on the inside of either suit. That plus the rubber makes them insanely lightweight compared to other suits. That's the obvious advantage which where I'm at could be nice for some of my long hikes back to the car with a wet suit in the pack after a surf. Colby has liquid rubber seams on the outside of the suit chest down with inside taped seams on the arms for more stretch I guess. Feral has inside taped seams on the legs and just stitched and glued everywhere else for ultimate stretch perhaps not as durable? Not sure though as that liquid rubber has been a source of failure on suits in the past for me. Remains to be seen. Colby has a visor on hood. Feral does not. Some people care about that. Both bare bones but very well constructed, comfortable suits. Hard to go wrong with either. 5'11.5" 180+lbs. Large colby fits great. Have not surfed in them yet, but they feel great. We've had xcel, patagonia, billabong, ripcurl, o'neill in our house in the past/currently. Biggest thing is will we miss the fuzzy liner?

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Wanted to try the yammie hype.
Ordered a Colby+ for myself. Ordered a Feral for the wifey.

Very similar suits. Yamamoto 40 in the arms/shoulders is very stretchy. Rest of the body not quite as stretchy, but who cares. No fuzzy liner on the inside of either suit. That plus the rubber makes them insanely lightweight compared to other suits. That's the obvious advantage which where I'm at could be nice for some of my long hikes back to the car with a wet suit in the pack after a surf. Colby has liquid rubber seams on the outside of the suit chest down with inside taped seams on the arms for more stretch I guess. Feral has inside taped seams on the legs and just stitched and glued everywhere else for ultimate stretch perhaps not as durable? Not sure though as that liquid rubber has been a source of failure on suits in the past for me. Remains to be seen. Colby has a visor on hood. Feral does not. Some people care about that. Both bare bones but very well constructed, comfortable suits. Hard to go wrong with either. 5'11.5" 180+lbs. Large colby fits great. Have not surfed in them yet, but they feel great. We've had xcel, patagonia, billabong, ripcurl, o'neill in our house in the past/currently. Biggest thing is will we miss the fuzzy liner?

Yes, liquid welds of the past used to crack, then pinch.
And I worry about the lack of liner as well.
idk
idk

Reactions: jkb