The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Jun 4, 2019
so weird. I submitted my claim last spring, they replied in a day or two and I got my suit back in two weeks.
I had a new suit from them a few years ago with the cinch issue that I tried to get them to either repair or replace. After a couple months of getting ghosted on emails and a couple of "oh sorry we've been so busy pandemic we'll totally set up the RMA" phone conversations that went nowhere, I just contested the cc charges to finally get any action out of them. That's a pricey suit to have such a fundamental problem, especially for winter water. That with the fact that they still seem to be selling suits with the same issue is why I can't deal with them again. Shame, b/c the 2:2 zipless that I have is great.

Feral has been great as an alternative, and those guys are excellent with pre- and post-sale customer service.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why has no one YOLO'd' a florence suit is my question. Custom fit, english website. They were 30% off recently too.
Maybe because having to pay $20 for the privilege of being able to buy an $800 suit might just be a bridge too far…

Plus are you really going to take wetsuit advice from a Hawaiian?

Also, order a custom size small and because of the “Hawaiian scale” you end up getting a suit that fits a NFL linebacker.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
you guys actually mess with the chest zip cinch?

what have I been missing? ive rarely if ever adjusted it from the factory setting.

Reactions: ChaseTMP
Jun 4, 2019
you guys actually mess with the chest zip cinch?

what have I been missing? ive rarely if ever adjusted it from the factory setting.
I use it (and probably need it) on my 2:2, but I've realized that I probably should have gone MT instead of L on that. I use it but probably don't need to with my Ferals (MT).

Anyway, on a $700 suit in 40 degree water, I wasn't going to get it wet to find out.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Looks nice except I haven't bought a back zip wetsuit since the turn of the century and don't plan on starting now.

Yamamoto grate price but what number?????

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Looks nice except I haven't bought a back zip wetsuit since the turn of the century and don't plan on starting now.
I keep my fingernails pretty short, but I’m sure I would have little smiley face cuts all over those sleeves, plus I’m back zip adverse .

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Picked up a 4/3 hooded Colby+. Ordered Friday arrived Saturday. Really nice packaging, with some foam tubes and neoprene pouches to protect the shape and cover the cinches. I appreciated the attention to detail and the fact it didn’t just show up stuffed into a plastic bag like other suits I’ve ordered:
IMG_6620.jpeg
Has a nice quality and silky feel both inside and out. I was thinking I’d be a MS based on their size chart, but emailed them my chest (42), waist (33), etc and they rec’d a LS. I’m 5’8” x 180 (dad bod vibes for sure as of late) and the arm and leg length is spot on as is the chest/shoulders/torso. There’s a little bunching around the knees and elbows when bent, but not bad. Hood is just right for my 7 3/8” dome. A buddy just got a MS and he’s 5’7” x 150lbs and said the fit is perfect but arms are a dollop (yes, that’s a @Subway reference) short but not bad.
Wore it mid morning today just to feel it out, even tho it was warmer than I’d wear it for. Got hot and that’s good. Amazing freedom and flex while paddling. Far better than my 3mm Isurus zip free, which I actually think has been aggravating my left shoulder which is the side of the bullshit cinch that I have to tighten constantly to prevent the bullshit flushing it always has. Anywho, didn’t notice any flushing even tho I was on my LB on a small day, but did go under a few white water rollers. Very slight seepage on my left ankle when I hit the water, but acceptable. All in all, much better quality feel and flex than the Buell I ordered earlier this year (but I do like the Buell) and certainly as good as and most likely better than my Isurus. Was a bit over $300 with tax when I used the Stamps code.
I would like an opinion on the fit tho, as it’s a little snug in one spot. What to y’all think?

IMG_6625.jpeg

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Picked up a 4/3 hooded Colby+. Ordered Friday arrived Saturday. Really nice packaging, with some foam tubes and neoprene pouches to protect the shape and cover the cinches. I appreciated the attention to detail and the fact it didn’t just show up stuffed into a plastic bag like other suits I’ve ordered:
View attachment 167900
Has a nice quality and silky feel both inside and out. I was thinking I’d be a MS based on their size chart, but emailed them my chest (42), waist (33), etc and they rec’d a LS. I’m 5’8” x 180 (dad bod vibes for sure as of late) and the arm and leg length is spot on as is the chest/shoulders/torso. There’s a little bunching around the knees and elbows when bent, but not bad. Hood is just right for my 7 3/8” dome. A buddy just got a MS and he’s 5’7” x 150lbs and said the fit is perfect but arms are a dollop (yes, that’s a @Subway reference) short but not bad.
Wore it mid morning today just to feel it out, even tho it was warmer than I’d wear it for. Got hot and that’s good. Amazing freedom and flex while paddling. Far better than my 3mm Isurus zip free, which I actually think has been aggravating my left shoulder which is the side of the bullshit cinch that I have to tighten constantly to prevent the bullshit flushing it always has. Anywho, didn’t notice any flushing even tho I was on my LB on a small day, but did go under a few white water rollers. Very slight seepage on my left ankle when I hit the water, but acceptable. All in all, much better quality feel and flex than the Buell I ordered earlier this year (but I do like the Buell) and certainly as good as and most likely better than my Isurus. Was a bit over $300 with tax when I used the Stamps code.
I would like an opinion on the fit tho, as it’s a little snug in one spot. What to y’all think?

View attachment 167901
:shrug:

Should have gone custom.

Reactions: sushipop