Bitches on my dick, 'cause they know this sh!t is thick
And niggas in the mental, fatal shots to the temple
So, see, it's quite simple for a nigga that's for real
Don't step to the killer, or else you'll get your fuckin' cap peeled

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You like the chest zips where you get to perform an extra zipper threading vs just pulling it across once the head/neck gasket is on???

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
No. I said it was annoying. Still a better suit than 90% of other OTR suits imo. And I don’t fucks with zippers at all. It’s 2024. mine are zipperless

Last edited:

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
Anyone tried the new seas Vissla vzip suit
I have one. Its the best entry of any suit. Reminds me of the Axxe wetsuit I used to have. My only issue with it is I'm between sizes and the one I got is a tad big. Still works but a little loose in the legs. Water tends to make its way up my ankles if I'm doing a feet first eject.

Anyone liking the Matuse TUMO 3/2? They are $300 right now. I may pull the trigger on this or an Isurus 3/2 thats on sale. I love my zipperless 2mm Isurus

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Anyone know why zipperless entries went away in the 90s?
I don't think the neoprene that was available was up to the task. I had a few from O'Neill in the mid to late 90's while I was getting flow from them ("marketing pro" on all my packing slips, lowest tier I would believe). They worked pretty well for a month or two and then the material would just stop going back to its original shape and would get distorted. I was on some weird navy suit trip back then and the zip-free panels would quickly take on a purplish hue with all sorts of weird stretch marks.

My three Isurus zip-frees are holding up well. This Spring will be my third in my 2mm short arm.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I have one. Its the best entry of any suit. Reminds me of the Axxe wetsuit I used to have. My only issue with it is I'm between sizes and the one I got is a tad big. Still works but a little loose in the legs. Water tends to make its way up my ankles if I'm doing a feet first eject.

Anyone liking the Matuse TUMO 3/2? They are $300 right now. I may pull the trigger on this or an Isurus 3/2 thats on sale. I love my zipperless 2mm Isurus
I know your decision has been made but owning both brands the only advantage the matuse has (IMO) is that is dries faster. The isurus seems more flexible and warmer.

Surprisingly, the zipperless entry shows zero signs of wear on it's second season. Was skeptical at first but at this point would definitely buy the entry from them again.

Edit: I would pay full price for an isurus before getting another matuse, even at a sale price

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
yeah I haven’t had a full season in the isurus 2mil but it’s by far my favorite suit. So lightweight. I feel like it dries pretty damn fast, usually in about 3 hrs with a fan on it. I’m tripping out that it’s rated down to 52. That seems crazy. I might cook in this new 3/2

I had a matuse hoplite when they firsts came out that was a great suit for about a season. Then the seams in the chest started separating. Had I fixed a few times until I just gave up on it. It didn’t have the taped seams like now if I recall correctly

Reactions: stringcheese

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Update: 2mm full bought 1/19/22. , about 12-15 months after started peeling at butt area but no leaks. Also a weird yellow fuzz collecting in various area , some can be seen in pic.

Correction: Fuzz I’ve seen before in other suits, but not the peeling. Is the peeling considered normal wear for that time frame?

Attachments

Last edited:

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Update: 2mm full bought 1/19/22. , about 12-15 months after started peeling at butt area but no leaks. Also a weird yellow fuzz collecting in various area , some can be seen in pic.

Correction: Fuzz I’ve seen before in other suits, but not the peeling. Is the peeling considered normal wear for that time frame?
Looks like compaction or abrasion. Are those where your sit bones would be?

the only time I’ve gotten that is on suits that were slightly too small and stretched (xcels).

Dec 11, 2021

DO you feel like it is much easier on the shoulders for paddling? I'm in scotland, Won a voucher in the board upcycling contest and looking for a new winter suit so its between the v zip and the northseas suit 5/4 hooded.

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Looks like compaction or abrasion. Are those where your sit bones would be?

the only time I’ve gotten that is on suits that were slightly too small and stretched (xcels).
Yes, it’s where I sit. Suit is a good fit

If it’s normal wear then I would get another….looking for a new 2 or 3/2 for spring.