The best Led Zeppelin song is…

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
The best Led Zeppelin song simply depends on the mood - then mixing in live versions to choose from?

ill just say I have a few songs actually downloaded (not on cloud) on my iPhone and the entire zeppelin catalogue is the majority of it. I saved up for a black Les Paul because of page - first guitar I bought myself in college. Still got it. Play the tele more now though.

since I’ve been loving you, thank you (live), immigrant song (live)… it’s silly to list the ones that’re currently on my favorites cause it’ll change when I feel moody.

in the light, in my time of dying, when driving through windy redwood forests on the way to surf is :jamon:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Looks like a lot of Physical Graffiti fans here.
IMHO the first 4 albums. plus Houses of the Holy, were superior to PG and anything after.
i think its a certain age thing. pg released in 75, perfect timing for 12 yo me who was getting deep into skating bowls surfing and weed. wore that dbl album out.

put it on the other day cause of this thread. aged fairly well. a little long. still prefer iv and i to this day

Reactions: hammies

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
i think its a certain age thing. pg released in 75, perfect timing for 12 yo me who was getting deep into skating bowls surfing and weed. wore that dbl album out.

put it on the other day cause of this thread. aged fairly well. a little long. still prefer iv and i to this day
1714848837070.jpeg
I was 17. Great show. The last two were the encore. Fkn loud.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Took my son to see Page, Plant, Bonum Jr (I forget if JP Jones was there on bass) at a concert decades ago. Smuggled in a cassette recorder, recorded the entire concert and the tape went in the drawer. Maybe I can find it and bring back the memory. In my mind, Zep was the best of the best and will always be so.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
This is a pretty cool cover of The Youngbloods "Darkness Darkness". Maybe you have heard it before but I heard it for the first time just a few years ago. I dig it.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I got to see Page and Plant at the Rose Garden when I was like 12 years old. They were already old but still killed it. I remember Page especially being kind of fat and haggard looking but still just shredding.

The next time I went to the Rose Garden it was to see Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre and Eminem.

Puberty destroyed my musical tastes.

That's a thing, right?

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Took my son to see Page, Plant, Bonum Jr (I forget if JP Jones was there on bass) at a concert decades ago. Smuggled in a cassette recorder, recorded the entire concert and the tape went in the drawer. Maybe I can find it and bring back the memory. In my mind, Zep was the best of the best and will always be so.
Reminds me when Re-run snuck a cassette recorder into the Doobie bros concert