The Beatles - Get Back

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Watching them do parodies of their new songs before they were even polished (or finished) was pretty rad (and I'm only on ep1) , and going from chatting, joking etc to all four snapping into performance level playing with no count off was also rad. Being the leader and obviously the one with the gnarly work ethic (and a songwriting machine), Paul clearly felt the pressure more than anyone.

Reactions: keenfish

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Paul seems like he’s got a vision for the group and what every song should be
He comes off as open to good ideas from the others, but doesn’t usually think their ideas are as good as his own
It seems like he wants to be in a group, and likes to collaborate with the others as long as he’s got the final say
It probably makes sense that he was the clear leader of the next group he worked with

John and George’s music seems more interesting. Paul’s is more pop, which made them popular

on billy Preston, whenever there’s an outsider invited to a family event, my wife says they’re the billy Preston of the event. Everyone’s on better behavior when there’s a billy Preston around

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
In the end I felt as if Paul was/is sort of autistic... singularly focused on music and his skills are crazy.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
i ain't seen thee movie{z} yet, but ah, as i like to read books,
well this ol' lil' ditty is simply ~ friggin' cool:
hahaha!
:cheers:

edit ~ add-in:
i'm in a fabulous 4, Beatles kinda mood, so ah, here ya go!

by the way,
it'z 3:47am, L.A. time:
+ at Thee Beach, here in Los Angeles, well, this past Saturday,
we, some surf~crew, changed the lyrics, Thee Boyz now sing out: 'Hey Dude'
hey Dude, don't be afraid, you were made to, go out + get her!
hey Dude, don't let me down, you have found her, now go + get her!
Na na na nananana, nannana, hey Dude...

forgive me,
my deceased Father + dearest Mother,
for i have sinned, once again,
hahahahaha!!!
randy
:violin:

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
wright on, man!
i listened, again,
to this song, this past sunny, Los Angeles Saturday mornin, with a few good friendz, at Thee Beach:
bitchin' vid, hehehe!
:waving:

Last edited:

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I laughed at the scene when Harrison had the hari krishna guys around, and they asked Ringo, do you like them? Ringo asks who?, they say, the hari krishnas, he says totally deadpan "not really". I surf with a guy who looks like Ringo and we started that bit as a SUP was going by on the outside, I asked him, Do you like them? he goes who? I said the Stand Up Paddle guys , and he goes "Not Really!"

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just finished the second episode.

I watched in small doses.

I thought it moved a little better than the first.

But maybe PJ edited it that way.

John and George always seem a little put out, but then they get caught up in the music.

I like what John Lennon said about when the band starts cooking it changes the vibe in the studio.

Playing well is a super power

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I binged through the whole 3 part "Get Back" series this past weekend. I gotta say that if one is a Beatles fan, it is very entertaining.
i'm a Beatles fan so I d/l'd the available episodes and got bored after about 20 minutes. :shrug:

to be fair, i've seen some of that stuff before - a lot of it has been floating around for years. maybe i didn't watch enough to get the full Peter Jackson effect.