The Atlantic is a joke

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
President Donald Trump said Wednesday his administration plans to “take a strong look at our country’s libel laws,” calling the current rules “a sham and a disgrace.”

Speaking at a White House Cabinet meeting, Trump said the goal of the effort would be “so that when somebody says something that is false and defamatory about someone that person will have meaningful recourse in our courts.”

:roflmao::love::love::love::roflmao::roflmao:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
can you provide a symbol from a different establishment witch hunt? One that didn't involve trump.
imagine Alina Habba

cropped as a hammie's avatar !! :) )
Donald Trump has no chance to appeal the $83.3 million jury verdict in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case, an attorney said.

The former president has said he intends to appeal the jury's award, but Nashville attorney Brian Manookian said not so fast to that.

"Let me ruin the suspense for everyone. Trump doesn't have an appeal," he said on Friday. "I know the talking heads on TV (who have never tried a case or appealed a jury verdict) have to mention it. Here's why it isn't going to fly."

Manookian went on to say that, in order to have a meritorious case on appeal, "you have to preserve a reversible error at the trial level."

"This is why you hire competent counsel. You need someone who actually knows the rules of evidence and procedure. Alina Habba had no clue what was occurring throughout the trial," he added. "She not only failed to preserve any remote grounds for appeal, like a moron, she repeatedly and unintentionally waived them over and over."

He went on to include an example of Habba bungling the potential for a reversal.

"For example, she kept saying 'no objection' as exhibits were entered into evidence. It appeared to me that she was saying that because she that's something she had heard real lawyers say before," he said Friday. "Unfortunately for Mr. Trump, what she was doing over and over was waiving his ability to appeal over those evidentiary issues. Because she is a moron who would rather *play* lawyer than do the research to *be* a lawyer."

Manookian then concluded: "There's no appeal here. And because people have asked me in the past, no, there is no such thing as an incompetent counsel defense in civil cases. That's for criminal matters. Take this verdict to the bank."

1706437839077.png

:roflmao:
:roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

:roflmao: :love::roflmao:

In the days since a New York jury ordered Donald Trump to pay $83.3 million in damages to the libel plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, the question has been whether the dollar amount was high enough to put a stop to his lies.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

In the days since a New York jury ordered Donald Trump to pay $83.3 million in damages to the libel plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, the question has been whether the dollar amount was high enough to put a stop to his lies.
The answer to the question is obvious: No.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
It trips me out that people believe this is legit and not just a symbol of the establishment witch hunt

was that a "SHOW" trial ?? )

is that why the dumb doofus "SHOWED" up (when he dint half to !! ) to "SHOW" how he stupidly makes things worse ?? )

even a time trial is a show trial proud boy !! :) )

1706517636268.png

Remember when the doofus potus

used to have a good lawyer ?? )

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
It trips me out that people believe this is legit and not just a symbol of the establishment witch hunt
:roflmao::love::roflmao: (y)

who new that healthcare was so complicated and that
there was going to be a witch hunt ?? :) )

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

• Haha
Reactions: slipped_disc

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
:roflmao::love::roflmao: (y)

who new that healthcare was so complicated and that
there was going to be a witch hunt ?? :) )

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

ever accusation is an admission.