Teahupo'o went mega

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Insane footage all over the place. Which do you think was bigger: Kauli's one that he went down on or Matahi's that he made?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Oh sh!t, a non-surfing friend sent that to me yesterday and I thouhgt he was just seeing clips of Code Red back 6 years ago or whatever

Bartiparo

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 4, 2012
How are there any creatures or objects alive under chopes? The amount of force is I cannot image.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
My friend was tripping on Nazare last week I'm glad this slabbed up so I could show him a really thicc wave from hell. Much scarier than measuring soley by height

Reactions: Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I showed my wife and she was properly dumbfounded, and asked “how big of a wave is that?” and even with my powers of description couldn’t quite garble out how that wave is so much more than the actual height of it. but what, even that inside out mutant- still a 50 foot face at least right? Plus the entire southern pacific ocean seeming to serve as the “back” of the wave

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Does that channel ever close out? I think its nuts how close some of these sets get, especially when a big right is coming in on the other side.

My life dream is to sit in that channel on a big day, just to experience raw power up close. How cool would that be?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Does that channel ever close out? I think its nuts how close some of these sets get, especially when a big right is coming in on the other side.

My life dream is to sit in that channel on a big day, just to experience raw power up close. How cool would that be?

Doubt the channel closes out, but depending on the take off, the ride certainly seems to have that risk.

1629311967385.png

Reactions: RemyXO

Bartiparo

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 4, 2012

There is in video you can see rider kick out and paddle and as drone back up, you can see wave from right almost hit him. Very close!

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
There is in video you can see rider kick out and paddle and as drone back up, you can see wave from right almost hit him. Very close!
Yeah, I've seen that scenario play out a few times, but obviously only on the yuge swells. The boat drivers sure need to pay attention, although there have been close calls in the past.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020

That would be epic to see in person.

Not sure about channel closing out, and those channels are deepish, but it looks like where the reef kinda straightens out facing more west it has that close out probability before it even gets to the channel when HUGE!!

Reactions: RemyXO