teahupoo hype...

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
biggest since... tom lowe in hospital... prepare, dive, inflate, die!!!
it's been bigger surfline. relax. lol. they hype is big on this one.

Reactions: Truth

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The “it’s not as good as the famous 20XX swell” doesn’t get many clicks.

Reactions: Truth

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
LIVE (I think)
not that i'd surf there with any real size anyway, but all the boats in the channel and the cheesy cable sports 'live coverage!' thing makes me feel...claustrophobic. seems like it would be so unpleasant to be there, nothing of what I like about surfing is there.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
not that i'd surf there with any real size anyway, but all the boats in the channel and the cheesy cable sports 'live coverage!' thing makes me feel...claustrophobic. seems like it would be so unpleasant to be there, nothing of what I like about surfing is there.

Exactly.
I was starting to feel like I was the only one who wasn't into it.

Also, you need some human narrative beyond "Oh look, it's Kai Lenny", "Oh there goes Matahi" to stay interesting.
and drone angles, while some were really cool, flatten the most fascinatingly scary wave into just another barreling left. Get those cameras back in the channel.

Reactions: Tarab_ish

bogusmedia

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 17, 2008
santa bruta
www.morganmaassen.com
I had the webcast on in the background while working yesterday. While I will give Surfline credit for any given 5 minutes of an absurdly over-hyped swell still being more interesting than the best 1 minute of the WSL webcast this year... the amount of non-existent english words Rochelle & Dave (and was there a third male commentator?) spoke was astounding.

I have a newfound respect for Joe, Strider, etc for having a decent read on English.

"provocationary",
out!

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I had the webcast on in the background while working yesterday. While I will give Surfline credit for any given 5 minutes of an absurdly over-hyped swell still being more interesting than the best 1 minute of the WSL webcast this year... the amount of non-existent english words Rochelle & Dave (and was there a third male commentator?) spoke was astounding.

I have a newfound respect for Joe, Strider, etc for having a decent read on English.

"provocationary",
out!

Rocky Cannon

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Everything’s great but still sucks.

Watching the highlights of huge Teahupoo barrels , especially the paddle waves is great.

Best thing about tow waves in Tahiti is that we’re gonna get overhead waves in town. The north shore is on the rise as I type too.

Wind might be an issue for south shore but epic for north shore.