Surfskate n Show

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I hate to admit this, but having gone to waco and now back and surfed in the ocean a few times I can see why Noel wouldn't mind moving. Waco is just too fun and so many waves. You get about 25-30 an hour, with each wave being 3-4 turns. If you did a two hour session that would be almost 60 waves and 180 plus turns. How long would that take you in the ocean? After three days of shredding, it wasn't my arms or my legs that were tired it was my core and my hips from doing so many turns. I probably did over 700 turns in 3 days (9 hours total in the pool, pro session is less waves but airs and barrels are included). You don't even paddle that much, so older dudes can surf more and longer than in the ocean.

How long would it take you to do 700 good snaps in the ocean?

The only thing that would be prohibitive is cost. At $120 an hour, how much can you spend per week? Per month? If noel gets a discount for coaching or promoting, then I could see it being really fun for him.

My buddies and I were trying to guess how much surfing would scratch the itch per week? We came to the conclusion that 3 hours would be enough, but since you'd want to go back to back session to optimize time - two days per week with two 1-hour sessions each day would be more great. That's 4 hours per week. That would cost $480 per week. Too expensive for me though, but if I lived in Texas, where everything was incredibly affordable compared to Hawaii, I might entertain it. Otherwise, I'd have to do 2-3 sessions per week.
How much are they paying, you @racer1? HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU???

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
That’s why I could see him moving there to do the same turns over and over.

I was amazed at how cheap everything was in Texas from eating out to groceries to gas.

For example, three of us went out to eat at a casual order at the counter they bring your food out place. 3 entrees, 3 tap local beers and 2 apps. $64 total. That would have been $100 in Hawaii minimum.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
$1.2m in Honolulu gets you the last house on a flag lot, single wall construction from 1950, 2 bedroom with 1 bath and street parking.

Reactions: JDJ

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
$1.2m in Honolulu gets you the last house on a flag lot, single wall construction from 1950, 2 bedroom with 1 bath and street parking.
Judging by the TFRs in CA and HI, remaining in these states basically eliminates you from the gene pool.

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Reactions: sizzld1

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
I dont much care for Waco, had some family that lived there for a bit and they were surrounded by southern baptists, who are crazy, like footloose crazy. No surprise real estate is cheap there....