Surfer's youd like to see on WCT

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
soft top tour would be hilarious, chug a pint before each heat.
Gravy was a wannabe Steve-O drunkard before his surf stuff, doing stupid (mentally and not entertaining) things for clicks. Look at his early videos. He got badly hurt jumping through a shed from a moving car or truck and seemed to turn around after healing.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I would like to give it a go.

I imagine audiences would burst when it's time for my R1 and R2 heats. the expectation of a blown take off or pulling out because those 4 footers looked scary. I would get rich real quick.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Jack Robinson and Barron Mamiya. Barron is the guy to watch on the Pipe/OTW stretch now when things get serious. He has that little extra thing. And he had a rough upbringing, so he's hungry. Jack's just a freak.

Reactions: Boneroni and Aruka

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I'd like to see guys like Pancho and Taylor Knox back on tour or at least some surfers who bring that kind of power.

Marzo and Dane are the closest I can think of that can bring the power game but still go above the lip to remain competitive.

JJF is in a league of his own and I always enjoy watchin his surfing.

Reactions: Chocki

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
To be honest - the CT is full of the people we want to see, and a fair few who could be classified as "no one's favourite surfer".

What I'd be much more interested in seeing, is an oldman tour and more speciality grudge matches.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I want to see Clay Marzo surf more, not in contests though.

Now that Kelly is pretty much done, I'm not interested in the WCT. *shrug*
Can't get myself to care whether John John Florence or Gabriel Medina win a thing. JJF's brother Ivan surfs better, and Gabriel Medina reminds me of a soccer star in all the wrong ways for a surfer.

Let's have the new 'CT be Clay Marzo and Dane Reynolds free surfing, then all the fine ones from the women's tour just have a bikini contest like they essentially are already.