Surfer run over by fishing boat at Colorado's

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Surprised this hasn't shown up here yet ... a couple of days ago ... a visiting surfer ... was run over by a fishing boat while coming in from a surf session. It was life threatening ... he was rescued by several people and then air lifted to Miami for an operation to save his leg. I have second hand info here .. but from what it sounds like the fishing boat came in to drop off people through the surf zone ... is what i am assuming ... when i lived there the normal spot for picking up or dropping off people was halfway between Colorado's and Pangas .. a safe distance from anyone in the water. Sounds like a complete f*ck up by the boat captain but again i do not have all the facts ... still horrible accident ... hope he fully recovers.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 190603.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 190736.png

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
heard about this a day or two after it happened. I guess his limb was hanging on by a thread. Good to see him recovering. My buddy almost got ran over at Colorado's years ago. It was scary as fook.

Reactions: flyinraptr

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
What a weird accident. I saw an update from one of his loved ones yesterday, reporting that the Nicaraguan surgeons botched things up badly and things are not looking great for his leg. Hope he pulls through.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Surprised this hasn't shown up here yet ... a couple of days ago ... a visiting surfer ... was run over by a fishing boat while coming in from a surf session. It was life threatening ... he was rescued by several people and then air lifted to Miami for an operation to save his leg. I have second hand info here .. but from what it sounds like the fishing boat came in to drop off people through the surf zone ... is what i am assuming ... when i lived there the normal spot for picking up or dropping off people was halfway between Colorado's and Pangas .. a safe distance from anyone in the water. Sounds like a complete f*ck up by the boat captain but again i do not have all the facts ... still horrible accident ... hope he fully recovers.

View attachment 178801

View attachment 178804
crazy.

Did you just discover the ellipsis?