Surfboard Consultation by Noel

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Seems he would need to see someone surf to make any useful recommendations?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Noa Deane, decades younger than me and about the same weight and height rides more volume than me.

I'd rather take cues from him than a guy in his 50's still over-working potato chips.
I assume

1: He's not 176 / 79KG anymore (particularly given the chubby cheek look he had in the last acid test mebop)
2: You both ride more than 27L, because that's some Salsa levels of weight to foam ratio at 80KG :D

edit: From LSD's website: Noa's been riding his at 6'3" x 19 1/8 x 2 1/2 @31.1L, on the new Hammer model... that's not particularly bloated for someone ... what shall we say Noa is, 83ish, maybe more?

Not defending Salsa per say, but that falls squarely in his recommended volume range calculation (i.e: take your weight in LBS and divide by 6, which gets you your base level from where you tweak it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr J

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Noa Deane, decades younger than me and about the same weight and height rides more volume than me.

I'd rather take cues from him than a guy in his 50's still over-working potato chips.

In Nate's new vid he said he's riding 29l at 172lbs, and wants more foam in his next boards like 30 - 31l. That puts him straight into weekend warrior/desk jockey territory.

Reactions: BentoBox70

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The erBB takes no prisoners. Lol.
Maybe he can offer a program where he charges a fee to stop catching every wave he sees at Lowers.

I’d pay for that.

I mean, I realize he’s “working” out there but jeezus...
I've surfed with him and he's not that bad. I've seen him give up waves plenty of times. But when he has his eye on one, he definitely claims it - but I think thats par for the course at Lowers.

Reactions: BentoBox70

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The erBB takes no prisoners. Lol.

I've surfed with him and he's not that bad. I've seen him give up waves plenty of times. But when he has his eye on one, he definitely claims it - but I think thats par for the course at Lowers.
lol

Let's put it this way.

He's on the most waves of anyone out there.

It's really silly competing with him for an insider after he just pulled out of a wave just because he's "working."

He's a nice enough guy but I think his SurfNShow cred is the only reason he gets away with this sort of thing. Thus a lot of people aren't willing to challenge him.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
"it sounds like you need a board with 'medium' rocker"
"I recommend my own keel fins in a twin that's not designed for keels"

How long til that tubby Aussie guy Craig is giving out volume recommendations? LOL #fatguyinalittlecoat
he used to ride the right volume and now he looks oddly large and oversized lumbering over a tiny board LOL

Reactions: ReForest

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
If I were running this scam I'd have the payee fill out a questionnaire and I would run the data from the questionnaire into Biolos' volume calculator. The result would be spit-out into an Ad Lib thing that I would have a voice algorithm read to the customer. That way everything would scale and I could spend more time being an entitled wavehog at Lowers.