Surf Prescriptions G-Money II Gun

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone had one of these or at least felt one up? My buddy from Humboldt says he sees them around which, knowing some of the bigger waves he surfs there, makes me think they might not just be barrel boards.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
I have a 6’4” and never really clicked with it. Other step ups with the same dims have paddled and turned way better. However, one of my friends has one that’s closer to a proper gun and loves it. Gets plenty of action in sizeable surf. Maybe it’s best a proper gun?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Never had one but certainly checked them out quite a bit. Aqua here in SF always stocks them.

They look pretty good to me and would love to try one. A little bit more foiled out compared to some of the contemporaries in that range (e.g. Padillac, Retro Gun). Can't speak to what they look like in the step-up size range.

My sense is that they're on the higher end of the performance spectrum. Best for rippers that want to take off a bit deeper than the rest of the pack.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Never had one but certainly checked them out quite a bit. Aqua here in SF always stocks them.

They look pretty good to me and would love to try one. A little bit more foiled out compared to some of the contemporaries in that range (e.g. Padillac, Retro Gun). Can't speak to what they look like in the step-up size range.

My sense is that they're on the higher end of the performance spectrum. Best for rippers that want to take off a bit deeper than the rest of the pack.
Thanks, I was hoping you'd reply. I'm tentatively considering a board as kind of the next step up from my 6-10 Blackbird. My 7-10 Paddilac is that board currently and while I like it and have actually ridden it a bit this year and started to click with it more and more, it's very wide and heavy and usually kind of overkill. I should probably just get like a 7-6 Blackbird but just seeing what else is out there. Also after my last Rusty order I'm kind of turned off from them.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Thanks, I was hoping you'd reply. I'm tentatively considering a board as kind of the next step up from my 6-10 Blackbird. My 7-10 Paddilac is that board currently and while I like it and have actually ridden it a bit this year and started to click with it more and more, it's very wide and heavy and usually kind of overkill. I should probably just get like a 7-6 Blackbird but just seeing what else is out there. Also after my last Rusty order I'm kind of turned off from them.
Just curious since this is not a species of boar I interact with. Why not do a smaller paddi? Why size up the BB vs shrinking the paddi?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
See a lot of them down here in SF. My buddy has a 7'6. He likes it . Feels heavy to me :shrug: Local shop does a lot of Surf RX customs and stock boards, so I've checked em out. Most feel a little unrefined compared to the Pyzels and Arakawas. Glass work mediocre.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Just curious since this is not a species of boar I interact with. Why not do a smaller paddi? Why size up the BB vs shrinking the paddi?
Hey sorry I typed a response and then got distracted.

I guess for me the BB feels more normal and familiar. It kinda just feels like a big version of what I usually ride in bigger and/or better surf. That makes it more of a smooth transition from my other winter boards.

The paddi feels like a whole different beast. It's wide, it's got a beak nose, it's a quad and the bottom contours are strange. Like I said, I rode it a bit earlier this winter and felt more comfortable on it than I ever have. Still, it's not a seamless transition from my other boards. It is also just so heavily glassed that it makes me really nervous about ever being hit by it.