Surf contests on Calif. public land will have to include females

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
bird. said:
Some of y'all seem to be having a hard time understanding that this still allows for a men's division and a women's division. Good to see you're all so worried about women being forced to compete with the men and not having a chance to win, but it appears your white knighting is unnecessary. :pokestick:
Way to miss the point of those posts. It's almost like you wanted to miss the point.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
GDaddy said:
bird. said:
Some of y'all seem to be having a hard time understanding that this still allows for a men's division and a women's division. Good to see you're all so worried about women being forced to compete with the men and not having a chance to win, but it appears your white knighting is unnecessary. :pokestick:
Way to miss the point of those posts. It's almost like you wanted to miss the point.
So posting the reality of what is being proposed is missing the point now?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Witchipoo said:
Awright! The erBB He-Man Woman Haters Club is in the house! :jam_on: :jam_on: :jam_on:

But seriously: :barf:

How is this hurting you? What are you afraid of?
Take a step back for a second and try to look objectively.

They are attempting to legislate fvcking SURF CONTESTS. :foreheadslap:

The government has no business sticking their fvcking noses in something like this.

This is just one step closer to micromanaging every aspect of people's fvcking lives.

This is East Coast style legislation reminiscent of bans on surfing and bans on Braziiian waxes.

What a waste of tax dollars.

FTR I think there is no reason why women shouldn't be able to hold a girls only contest if they want. Or men to hold a guys only contest. Or disabled people to hold a disabled only contest. Or a menhune contest (ageism!) Etc.

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
casa_mugrienta said:
Farmer_Ted said:
casa_mugrienta said:
What about an all-women's contest?
supergirl pro in oceanside

exposure skate contest in encinitas
And those things are all wonderful.

Until some idiot politician says "No you can't. You can't be exclusionary!"
completely agree

posted these two examples of girls only event thinking what will happen to them if legislation like this passes

will boys/men demand to be included in them?

to your point - now they want to get involved in SURFING?

crazy times my friends

p

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
casa_mugrienta said:
Witchipoo said:
Awright! The erBB He-Man Woman Haters Club is in the house! :jam_on: :jam_on: :jam_on:

But seriously: :barf:

How is this hurting you? What are you afraid of?
Take a step back for a second and try to look objectively.

They are attempting to legislate fvcking SURF CONTESTS. :foreheadslap:

The government has no business sticking their fvcking noses in something like this.

This is just one step closer to micromanaging every aspect of people's fvcking lives.

This is East Coast style legislation reminiscent of bans on surfing and bans on Braziiian waxes.

What a waste of tax dollars.

FTR I think there is no reason why women shouldn't be able to hold a girls only contest if they want. Or men to hold a guys only contest. Or disabled people to hold a disabled only contest. Or a menhune contest (ageism!) Etc.
Honestly, I don't care about men or women-only contests. I hate all contests equally. I was mostly responding to the tone of some of the comments. Us wimmens can smell misogyny a mile away. :shameonyou:

And seriously, how is the government telling me I can't surf at my favorite break any worse than some sportswear corporation telling me I can't surf at my favorite break? I don't get to surf either way.

Not that I surf anymore anyway. :drowning:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I disagree that surf contests are bad. This sport is great because of surfing competition not in spite of it. Hey, I was the contest director for the Women's Professional Surfing Association (WPS). I produced and directed surf contests throughout the '80s and they all included a women's division. One of my women Competitors went on to become a world champion. But with that said, the state of California and their goon lawmakers need to leave alone what's been working for many decades.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
JEwing said:
This sport is great because of surfing competition not in spite of it.
Maybe the sport of surfing. Not surfing itself though.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
bird. said:
JEwing said:
This sport is great because of surfing competition not in spite of it.
Maybe the sport of surfing. Not surfing itself though.
I hate all sports.
I love surfing.
Therefore, surfing is not a sport.

It's logic! :jam_on:

I honestly don't see how surf contests benefit anyone besides the people who participate in them. They make things worse for the average recreational surfer, not better. Why should we care about them?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
I LIKE TO WATCH THE BEST GUYS compete at the best spots

but i hate when theres some local contests at one of the beaches by my house. making things even more crowded

perhaps i'll run for office to ban surf contests

slopokecr

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 28, 2007
You can legislate equal opportunity.
You can not legislate equal outcome.
So many politicians don't understand the difference.