Superbrand Siamese Twin

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Any reviews, fondles, 2nd hand info, or strong opinions?

Looks very good to me, but I can't feel one up here at home. Wonder if they need to be generously volumed, or if you can get away with a little less.

Cheers everybody

Nov 9, 2018
So Cal
I had a 5’7” Siamese Twin, but just sold it. That board felt SICK under my arm. Looked super rad too.

The 5’7” has about 28 Liters. I need ~34 Liters, so maybe a 6’0”?

It’s got a traditional wide fishy outline, but high performance rails. It looks like it just wants to carve all day long.

Nov 9, 2018
So Cal
Here’s a really good article about them:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.surfer.com/blogs/design-forum/supers-siamese-twin/%3famp

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
Demo’d one back at the start of summer. It was a 5’10”. I think they changed the shape a bit since then. This one had a channel bottom that kind of made “fangs” at the exit of the channel and the tips of the swallow tail. A solid 8 out of 10. Would bang.

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
A bit more ... the board was built in California. Felt solid. A good user friendly “modern” twin. Not bloated but paddled well / caught anything. Went good backside. No complaints about it. One of the better MR style twins I’ve ridden. I’m about 190 and 5’10” was just about right.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Cheers, guys!

Colin, at 6'1 x 177 (and always in a 4/3 or 3/2), I was thinking a slightly fatter 5'10. Very few up for grabs in NZ at the mo, though, but there is a 5'9 x 20 1/2 x 2 7/16 @ 31.3L, which might just do it. Or maybe I'll just wait for a stock 5'11 @ 32.5L.

How tall are you?

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/258350260">Matt Meola On The Siamese Twin By Superbrand</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/superbrand">Superbrand</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Perfect. Matt M and I very similar surfers, although he might be a little more sluggish and slow, so I should just go ahead :)

That's the problem with getting an idea of how a board might work for you. Always videos of young super humans surfing at a ridiculous level.

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
You’ve checked one out in person right? Even though the plan shape looks like a fish in photos, board rides much closer to a standard shortboard or modern twin. I surfed it with a few different fin combos. The newest Aipa’s from futures, an old (90s) set of twins from Nectar with lots of flex, Rasta sea Shepard keels, and the K1 set it came with. The Aipa and Nectar fins went much better than keels to me. A board that likes to be actively surfed, if that makes sense. The more i talk about it the more I wanna get one ....

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Colin said:
You’ve checked one out in person right? Even though the plan shape looks like a fish in photos, board rides much closer to a standard shortboard or modern twin. I surfed it with a few different fin combos. The newest Aipa’s from futures, an old (90s) set of twins from Nectar with lots of flex, Rasta sea Shepard keels, and the K1 set it came with. The Aipa and Nectar fins went much better than keels to me. A board that likes to be actively surfed, if that makes sense. The more i talk about it the more I wanna get one ....
Thanks, Colin.

No, never had my hands on one. Your words are a great help in filling out the picture, so to speak.

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
Right on. Measurements can be deceiving. Some boards feel slimmer than their fins and some feel beefier. This one definitely felt slimmer than the measurements indicated. However keep in mind that it paddled and caught waves as well as my chunkier retro fish at the same length and width. That was one of the best surprises about the board. That and how natural it felt on my backhand. I’ve got a Dennis Pang fish that does it basically as well, otherwise I’d pick one up for sure.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Cheers, Colin.
That's the feeling I got, and why the board appeals to me. The Ry Craike video really shows how bladed the rails are. Super good to hear that it catches waves so easily; important for an old coot like me.