Super Bowl

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
in the middle of this stupid song i heard some led zep. sounded good for a moment

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
Can someone tell me why the 49ers decided to NOT call time out with the Chiefs getting ready to punt with 1:30ish left in the half? I'm not a fan of either team but I just kinda figure if you are in the Super Bowl it might be a good idea to try and score points given the time and opportunity. Given the "no time out" decision... why didn't they just kneel out the half? I'm stumped.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

LogHauler

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 29, 2010
I thought there was supposed to be a Kobe tribute somewhere in the 1/2 time show. I watched via Fire TV so maybe I missed it.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Why?

And do you say the same for American opinions of soccer?
Because they are automatically biased in favor of rugby and soccer (or football, whatever). Most of that stems from them being butthurt that we bastardized the 2 sports, turned them into 1, and stole the name.

Kinda like Harley Davidson.
Wrong. Harley's are crap in terms of performance relative to most other bikes. Meanwhile, most NFL players can run a 40 in under 5 seconds and do other freakish acts of athleticism.

How many other sports require every player acting in unison, yet with their own unique role, to successfully drive a play? Let alone with 11 players?

How many sports have the diversity of plays that exist in American football?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Because they are automatically biased in favor of rugby and soccer (or football, whatever). Most of that stems from them being butthurt that we bastardized the 2 sports, turned them into 1, and stole the name.
Do you think most foreigners are even aware of this? (if the bastardization is even true...)

No, right.

Meanwhile, most NFL players can run a 40 in under 5 seconds and do other freakish acts of athleticism.
They're professional athletes.

How many other sports require every player acting in unison, yet with their own unique role, to successfully drive a play? Let alone with 11 players?

How many sports have the diversity of plays that exist in American football?
The stop and go "plays" aspect is perhaps the most unappealing part of the game.

Like sitting in traffic.

"We're finally moving!" ...and stop again. Repeat. For four hours.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Miami. Capital of Latin America :shaka:
I’m mocking the inevitable right wing outrage. Christian moms will be outraged at the sexuality. And it def wasn’t Vanilla enough for the fox and friends crowd. And that Puerto Rican flag will inflame potus like a bad hemorrhoid. Which makes it the best halftime show since Prince.