Summer Trip from SD

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
My surf trip buddy for this summer bailed so I'm reconsidering my options. Flying out of SD or TJ in June or July for a week. LAX isn’t off the table but not preferred. Either going solo or my wife will come along and hangout beach or poolside while I surf. Not looking to spend a ton, budget friendly destinations preferred.

I’d prefer lower crowds and decent quality to paddle battles. Open to colder water too.

where would you go?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
My surf trip buddy for this summer bailed so I'm reconsidering my options. Flying out of SD or TJ in June or July for a week. LAX isn’t off the table but not preferred. Either going solo or my wife will come along and hangout beach or poolside while I surf. Not looking to spend a ton, budget friendly destinations preferred.

I’d prefer lower crowds and decent quality to paddle battles. Open to colder water too.

where would you go?
Cabo

Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Ted just went to Punta Mita. Sounded good.
let me know what you come up with. I might be able to join if you want a wingman. It's been too hard trying to coordinate schedules with the few friends I know that still surf, so I was considering pulling the trigger on a solo Punta Conejo trip around that time.

• Love

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014

where would you go?
Santa Theresa. Great food so apre-surf with the wife could be fun. Miles of beach break and other options.

If going solo, maybe look into renting a camper van and roadtripping south to Baja.