Stupid surf products confession time: did you, or anyone you know ever buy one of these? LOL...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My first thought was 'must be another Shell Beach out there.' :roflmao:
I thought the same thing :ROFLMAO:
That said I did have one go square on me on the inside once. It was high tide and only one other guy out. The stars must've aligned at that part of the reef. Wasn't prepared and the board got sucked up the face and did a cartwheel inside :drowning:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
no
but
right before the great white attack became normal in socal, i was looking to get a headlamp and only surf at 10pm

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
The first surf leash. All surgical tubing. Attached to the nose. Pull your board through turns. No cord inside tubing. Stretch out about 15 feet and come flying back at Mach 4

Isn't that how Jack O'Neil lost his eye?

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Isn't that how Jack O'Neil lost his eye?
I believe so. Fark those things were dangerous. If everyone was required to use one the first 30 surfs before they could use a standard modern leash, 000's troubles would be over. Better yet if they had to surf with no leash 30 times before that.

Reactions: Woke AF and Sharky

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I believe so. Fark those things were dangerous. If everyone was required to use one the first 30 surfs before they could use a standard modern leash, 000's troubles would be over. Better yet if they had to surf with no leash 30 times before that.
Can't think which one was worse, surgical tubing or bunjee cord.
Had a few boards that got sawed to the stringer when bunjee wrapped around the fin and rail and pulled tight.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Can't think which one was worse, surgical tubing or bunjee cord.
Had a few boards that got sawed to the stringer when bunjee wrapped around the fin and rail and pulled tight.
Bunjee was worse in my experience. Surgical tubing was like a god send back then. Especially when they had a cord down the inside of it.