Streaming Service

i_ride_spinnaz

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 19, 2020
I just wait for people to log in on my devices and forget to log out. Thus far, I've acquired Netflix and Hulu. I also borrow someone's Prime acct and Disney + acct if I'm so inclined

$0 out of pocket

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Just got an email that Hulu is going from $12 to $14 so I immediately canceled. Haha. Now left with Apple, Netflix, and HBO.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
netflix - apple plus - hbo max - amazon - hulu - disney plus

netflix i pay for, apple free for a year w/apple purchase - hbo free forever with ATT service - amazon i pay for cuz the prime shipping - hulu - friends account - disney - i used to work there so i have a free pass for that to.

all in im paying about 35 bucks Netflix 20 and Amazon is 15 i think?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Just got an email that Hulu is going from $12 to $14 so I immediately canceled. Haha. Now left with Apple, Netflix, and HBO.
whats cool about Hulu is they let you pause for 6 months at a time so no need to cancel..my friend only turns it on if theres something we both want to watch which is rare. I think Pam & Tommy was the last thing worth paying for on there.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i use pirate sites for free and get all the same programming

Reactions: sussle

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
YouTube linked from my phone = Free and use it all the time.
Roku = Free and surprisingly decent content. Frequently use it.
Netflix = $14 a month? Occasionally use it.
Amazon Prime not costing me anything. Rarely use it.
Daughter has Disney Plus and leaves it logged in on our TV. Rarely use it.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
whats cool about Hulu is they let you pause for 6 months at a time so no need to cancel..my friend only turns it on if theres something we both want to watch which is rare. I think Pam & Tommy was the last thing worth paying for on there.
I think we got it for Handmaid's Tale. Glad Hulu notified me that it was time to cancel.

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
i use pirate sites for free and get all the same programming

then you have to deal with finding a working link, decent vid quality, and even more importantly, decent audio.

all my friends that swear by these - have trouble finding good links when we finally sit down to watch something,.

worth the $ to get it legit to me, i wouldnt have the patience to sit there nd dig only to find a bropken link over and over.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
How does that work?
works fine. the sites change every year but all the live sports of that day will be available. my kid is a Niners fan - he always finds the best stream site links on Reddit, where they gets pretty well vetted by the Reddit crowd. there's lots of sites out in the wild but they usually come with lots of pop-ups and malware.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
works fine. the sites change every year but all the live sports of that day will be available. my kid is a Niners fan - he always finds the best stream site links on Reddit, where they gets pretty well vetted by the Reddit crowd. there's lots of sites out in the wild but they usually come with lots of pop-ups and malware.
They mine crypto with your bandwidth while you watch the game.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
They mine crypto with your bandwidth while you watch the game.
i know that was an issue at one point a few years back (coinhive) - not sure how big of an issue it still is.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Amazon comes with prime, Hulu, and a couple of others are included in my phone plan. I paid for Apple only to watch Severance (worth it). $0 except $4.99/mo for a few months of apple . I use Amazon a lot but not much video lately

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I pay out the ass for all of it and cable and my high speed fios :foreheadslap:

though in fairness we do like a handful of shows/movies from literally all of them. That’s the trap

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
There's a BBC show, Eastenders, that my wife and I like to watch. In Britain there is a TV tax that everyone pays so all BBC content is online and free. I pay about $90 a year for Nord VPN which secretly tunnels my laptop to England where it pops out of an English server and IP address looking English. You just have to look up a British zip code to put in when you create your BBC account and set the laptop's time region to England so it shows English time of day which BBC does check. It asks you once in a while if you paid your TV tax and I just say yes and it continues to work.