State Park E-Bike Ban Petition

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The Leucadia bike collision was different in that the settlement was >$10mil signed off by our favorite NCSD mayor: https://thecoastnews.com/questions-linger-over-walker-settlement-encinitas-city-council/

@npsp & @Senor Sopa - do you know any more deets that led to the Leucadia 101 construction and revamp? i *think* it also had an element of lawsuits against the railroad as well.
The 101 plan has been ongoing since 2008. Only recently did they actually get any of it done. At the expense of having a fence along the entire rail corridor, making crossings (aka mobility) more difficult.

My other favorite candidate, Tony Kranz, sold out Leucadia on 9/11/2013 for a measly 270K.

In other news, went to Costco yesterday and picked up two Sondors bikes. @ $1500 apiece.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Golf carts. Everyone start driving their golf carts down there.
The funny thing about this is I've seen the e-bike bros go apeshit when someone takes any other sort of motorized vehicle down there.

There was an old man (non-surfing) who rode a 50cc scooter through the Lowers area at about 5 mph and these ebikers were freaking, fumbling for their phones so they could call the lifeguards and report him.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
The funny thing about this is I've seen the e-bike bros go apeshit when someone takes any other sort of motorized vehicle down there.

There was an old man (non-surfing) who rode a 50cc scooter through the Lowers area at about 5 mph and these ebikers were freaking, fumbling for their phones so they could call the lifeguards and report him.
yup as long as the motor is electic u can take it anywhere. malls r next.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
I was just in NYC (Manhattan) for a few days last month. All of the food delivery is done on ebikes. They are everywhere. And they are all complete POS's. They are the equivalent of a Walmart mountain bike with a battery attached. I am not surprised that the batteries are catching fire and causing problems. Like GRG says, buy quality sh!t!

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I was just in NYC (Manhattan) for a few days last month. All of the food delivery is done on ebikes. They are everywhere. And they are all complete POS's. They are the equivalent of a Walmart mountain bike with a battery attached. I am not surprised that the batteries are catching fire and causing problems. Like GRG says, buy quality sh!t!
YEW :waving: