State Park E-Bike Ban Petition

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
When school started I saw Chris Cote post something about school is starting, please be mindful of kids on e-bikes.

I'm like hey dipshit how bout you not put minors on the roads on a fvcking motorcycle. What's with parents right now? I don't see how this is acceptable. My kid sure as sh!t isn't doing that.
“Motorcycle…”:crazy2:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I was amazed to learn that Stu is a lawyer (apparently). To be that dumb and pass the bar…
Yeah, I feel ya - I look at the patterns in his posts and TBH he reminds me of my 16 year old self arguing with my dad about how the world works. :roflmao:

I used to think different, but I've learned lot of lawyers aren't too bright.

I live around a lot of law students, it's always surprised me how they'll pass the bar and go on to immediately commit a crime, this has happened on multiple occasions, most recently when my neighbor was the victim of a hit and run. The stories I know from people in relationships with lawyers seem to match up too.

I have a neighbor in his late 80s, a former lawyer...He once grabbed my sleeve and pulled me towards him..."I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...A lot of lawyers are fvcking assholes."

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
There's lots of stupid happening re e-bikes this summer. The ones that make me insane are the ones who insist on riding on the wrong side of the road while doing 40 mph. And they're amazed that they keep almost getting runover. :roflmao:

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There's lots of stupid happening re e-bikes this summer. The ones that make me insane are the ones who insist on riding on the wrong side of the road while doing 40 mph. And they're amazed that they keep almost getting runover.
See this happen all the time - way more than regular bikes (I think that might mean something some of the people e-bikes tend to attract)

I can remember the one time I was forced to pedal a bike into traffic like that...it was so obviously idiotic.

Mar 1, 2010
bought a super 73 s2.. thing is so much fun. can't take it to beach but cruising around town and trails is great.. want to get my kids them too now. they get enough exercise doing other things. this just expands where we can explore

Reactions: parkiteric

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Which isn't going to happen.

So M1 license it is.
imo, the problem with pushing this into an m1 is the DMV test is structured to be more difficult as the size of your motorcycle increases (big bikes don't want to do small circles without an experienced rider). Further, the M1 permit would be all that an ebike rider would require since m1 permit is unrestricted for street. The limitation is no passengers and freeways, only.

The trick to pass the m1 riding test is to borrow someone's 150cc street legal bike and do the circles as DMV requires, or, you do the DMV rider safety course which waives the riding test (small circle test). Since ebikes are nimble enough when going 5mph, one could immediately pass the m1 with very little trouble.

edit: quickly found this - and it makes no sense how an motorized scooter requires any endorsement while ebikes explicitly require none.

Last edited:

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yes, the waves on the east coast suck...but man sometimes I am grateful for our short period, uncrowded, and self regulated lineups (people don't sue yet).

Edit: By self regulated I mean crazy southern man but also that the ocean does the work: 8 feet at 8 seconds in 45 degree water and most people are not making it out.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Xq

how do ebikes do more damage than regular mtn bike?
1)E-bikes weigh significantly more than a normal mountainbike.

2)You have way more riders riding up trails they would not normally have been able to climb with a normal mountainbike. Locally this is where I'm seeing the most damage done. Probably more coming down these trails as well. So more trail usage in a very different way with a much heavier vehicle.

Reactions: Havoc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I signed it! :nana::cursing::cursing:

I saw a comment from a State Beach lifeguard that said there were so many ebikes lined up on the beach, the lifeguard truck couldn't get through. It delayed them in providing emergency care to a victim.

Kalani Rob is not gonna be happy if this thing gets pushed through.

Mar 1, 2010
1)E-bikes weigh significantly more than a normal mountainbike.

2)You have way more riders riding up trails they would not normally have been able to climb with a normal mountainbike. Locally this is where I'm seeing the most damage done. Probably more coming down these trails as well. So more trail usage in a very different way with a much heavier vehicle.
i see more "damage" from rainfall and erosion then bikes

so if some dudes weigh 200+ they should be allowed to ride any bike? similiar weight going down the trails