So what now? erBB's ?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

The WSL will be the next major entity to fold. How many more years of losses can they sustain before the billionaire gets bored and sells it? Could they even find a buyer for it?
Heard a stat that the latest generation (Z is it?) cares a LOT less for viewing and discussing sports than previous generations. They like to play but the professional aspect of it interests them way less. Could be the end of professional sports as we know it today.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Heard a stat that the latest generation (Z is it?) cares a LOT less for viewing and discussing sports than previous generations. They like to play but the professional aspect of it interests them way less. Could be the end of professional sports as we know it today.
I've heard that about current kids. Probably true but the big five sports will continue. It wouldn't surprise me to see fringe sports disappear fast.

When WSL folds, there are going to be a lot of really good surfers having to get real jobs.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
When WSL folds, there are going to be a lot of really good surfers having to get real jobs.
at least in California, they’ll just move into mom and dads house (or never leave).

once the trust checks kick in, they’ll hump that $2500/month and supplement with a gig economy job.

lineups everywhere never been so full. It’ll only get worse.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'll fly for pizza and beers and da Meet n' Greet if the crash comes. I NEED a road trip. Some where. Anywhere!

but it'll probably get subway'd .....................
Dude you and deb are long overdue for a visit anyway.

Groundswell

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2006
As soon as I know any definitive answer as to the gate of the message boards here and on Fantasy Surfer, I'll post something on it.

Until then, thanks for the best wishes. You may be talking to Surfer's last employee.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Groundswell, r32,
you guys hovering over the nuclear button yet?

id hate for these servers to still be filled with gold when they change your credentials on you in the middle of the night.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Fishing. I haven't done nearly enough in the past 10 years. I used to actually fish but now I'm just an armchair fisherman it seems. :violin:
2 peeps cancelled on the Royal Star this week, down to only 20, not too late. Ship leaves next Saturday at 12, you can use that 50W if you want along with any of the 13 rods and reels I'm bringing. Just call the landing and speak to Tina.

Reactions: keenfish

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
I've been connected to the er bb since it was alt.rec.surf, so since around 1994. It's followed me from the Outer Banks to MoCo to LI/Rockaways and now France.

I liked it in the 90s but only dip into it now and again for shits and giggles. Which, frankly, are worth a lot these days.

I salute the longtime posters, those who have moved on, and especially those who have passed away.

I'll miss it for the nutty characters but it's been a while since there were big ball of brown-quality threads...safe waves pour tout le monde.