So we’re bombing muslims in the Middle East again.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
It's not war if war isn't formally declared. I learned that from the Trumptards of the erBB.
Kind of like how sending predator drones to slaughter people in Pakistan during Obama's administration wasn't war.

Tell that to the families of the dead Pakis.

Reactions: santacruzin

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Kind of like how sending predator drones to slaughter people in Pakistan during Obama's administration wasn't war.

Tell that to the families of the dead Pakis.
Agreed. If you've been paying attention you'd see that I've been very open here on the erBB about my distaste for Obama's use of the drone program. His use of drones and the targeted assassination of an American Citizen (Al Awlaki) in particular are the biggest flaws in an otherwise solid Presidency. Now maybe you can tell us the things you didn't like about Lord Trump? Or would that be blasphemy?

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos and Hump

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
That didn’t take long...

6 years ago we were talking about this sort of stuff and now we're back to talking about it.

Anyway, looks like more of the same low(er) level tit for tat stuff that serves the purpose of letting the various sides know how far things can go before pushback occurs (while stoking the embers). You know, business as usual.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Reactions: mundus

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Agreed. If you've been paying attention you'd see that I've been very open here on the erBB about my distaste for Obama's use of the drone program. His use of drones and the targeted assassination of an American Citizen (Al Awlaki) in particular are the biggest flaws in an otherwise solid Presidency. Now maybe you can tell us the things you didn't like about Lord Trump? Or would that be blasphemy?
You always turn to a stupid straw man argument, arising from your insufferable bias. I am opposed to assassination of foreign nationals in countries with whom we are not at war. Period. It doesn't matter who the President is. The CIA and other government agencies in the 1960's caught huge flack for the attempted assassination of Castro, and for the successful assassinations of Diem in Vietnam and Trujillo in the Dominican Republic. As a result of the backlash, such assassinations were taken off the table by our government.

Somehow, they are now the norm. Where do we get the right to murder people in other countries with whom we are not at war, without any sort of due process? Probably the only time I have been okay with it was Bin Laden, because of the threat he posed, but otherwise, I think it is complete bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You always turn to a stupid straw man argument, arising from your insufferable bias. I am opposed to assassination of foreign nationals in countries with whom we are not at war. Period. It doesn't matter who the President is. The CIA and other government agencies in the 1960's caught huge flack for the attempted assassination of Castro, and for the successful assassinations of Diem in Vietnam and Trujillo in the Dominican Republic. As a result of the backlash, such assassinations were taken off the table by our government.

Somehow, they are now the norm. Where do we get the right to murder people in other countries with whom we are not at war, without any sort of due process? Probably the only time I have been okay with it was Bin Laden, because of the threat he posed, but otherwise, I think it is complete bullshit.
glad we can mostly agree on that.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Where do we get the right to murder people in other countries with whom we are not at war, without any sort of due process? Probably the only time I have been okay with it was Bin Laden, because of the threat he posed, but otherwise, I think it is complete bullshit.
The War Powers Resolution gives Uncle Joe 48 hours to report to Congress after the escalation of hostilities to a military action. Then, he has 60 days before he would have to cease military action if Congress fails to approve it. So, the President is following the law.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Everyone that says we can't afford to fund things like education, healthcare and infrastructure. Sad.
Federal government isn’t properly equipped for things like education and healthcare, and not really all that great at infrastructure either.

No private company, state or local government can provide for our national defense however.

The issue with military spending stems from our habit of being the world police. Why are we in Japan, germany, the Middle East, Africa, etc?

Proponents of government healthcare like to point to countries that have it but those countries have tiny military budgets because they rely on the US for their defense.

And there’s this too....

AFA60B52-B72F-4125-87C1-93884DA26E02.png

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
The first plane should probably have a Confederate flag on the tail and some sort of Evangelical quote about the sanctity of life given the strength of MAGA in the party these days, but that's some funny sh!t.