Slater at JBay

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Still a pleasure to watch. So fluid - he just owns every inch of available face on any given wave.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I dont know...lots of tentative turns and bogging...looked like the wrong board. He is no doubt the best 50something surfer in th world but didnt look his regular jbay spicey imo
Whatever part of it the injury plays, maybe age...I think his surfing has looked like that since he started riding firewire "slater" whatever boards. He looked 100× better there fifteen years ago on a regular Simon Anderson.

Reactions: Havoc

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Whatever part of it the injury plays, maybe age...I think his surfing has looked like that since he started riding firewire "slater" whatever boards. He looked 100× better there fifteen years ago on a regular Simon Anderson.
I dont disagree....and he has no doubt been nursing that hip for the last 5 yrs at least...but there is footage from him just 2 yrs ago absolutely destroying the place, this footage is borderline emberrasing for him imo.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
1-) thanks for the video OP.

2-) clowns in clown world gonna clown.

3-) you can take the clown out of clown world, they are still a clown tho.

4-) healthy people really have no idea what it takes to be physixal, while nursing INJURIES.

5-) nursing a Scoliosis ridden spine since he began to surf, and still THE GOAT?

6-) post op, surfing like that?

7-) over 50, surfing like that?

8 - ) post op, over 50, scoliosis spine worse than ever now, AND STILL SURFING LIKE THAT?

9-) the fact is Ke11y, at 50, scoliosis spine, super severe hip surgery just last month and he still surfs better than any of you ever will, even young, and 100% healthy, on your best day of days.

Face it, kooks.

:poke:

Facts is facts.

:shameonyou:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Ehh...yeah, 50, injured. Still like the way the surfing looked when he had to push his boards better. Now he just...aims them? The technically "worse" boards from the past, stuck a little, had to be dug out and pushed, but the bottom turns were "give it everything" hard. Now they're cruisy, with cleaner top turns and less in and out of the water. All good for those of us who need the help getting around corners, but I miss the way it looked when he rode boards the rest of us couldn't really make work. The pop-snap-bury-push is all swoop-spin-balance...like it was "aarrrggg" now it's "weeeee" (apologies for couching this in such insider technical jargon)

Peak Kelly "in what could be his last year on tour" ....18 years ago

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
1-) thanks for the video OP.

2-) clowns in clown world gonna clown.

3-) you can take the clown out of clown world, they are still a clown tho.

4-) healthy people really have no idea what it takes to be physixal, while nursing INJURIES.

5-) nursing a Scoliosis ridden spine since he began to surf, and still THE GOAT?

6-) post op, surfing like that?

7-) over 50, surfing like that?

8 - ) post op, over 50, scoliosis spine worse than ever now, AND STILL SURFING LIKE THAT?

9-) the fact is Ke11y, at 50, scoliosis spine, super severe hip surgery just last month and he still surfs better than any of you ever will, even young, and 100% healthy, on your best day of days.

Face it, kooks.

:poke:

Facts is facts.

:shameonyou:
FACTS are this isnt post op. It is pre op. From a swell in July. All I am pointing out is that in my opinion this is not very flattering footage of KS. The reasons why he is surfing like a shadow of himself are well known.. Maybe if you took that cardboard cutout of slaters tanned wang out of your mouth you might recognize that this isnt a video to celebrate...buy hey keep slobbering on that cardboard....

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
FACTS are this isnt post op. It is pre op. From a swell in July. All I am pointing out is that in my opinion this is not very flattering footage of KS. The reasons why he is surfing like a shadow of himself are well known.. Maybe if you took that cardboard cutout of slaters tanned wang out of your mouth you might recognize that this isnt a video to celebrate...buy hey keep slobbering on that cardboard....
I bet you're fun at parties.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He really would be superhuman if this was post op!