Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Save some seconds back on your life. This is all you need to know...

View attachment 174947
Sick frame grab bro. The similarities to the iconic Greg Noll Pipe photo are eerily similar.

Maybe we should all chip in n get the skipper a pair of jailhouse baggies. He’d probably be willing to wear em over his wetsuit to recreate the vibe.

Exactly.

Way more interesting than watching Noelle Salas in the wave pool or on his surfskate.
Totally.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I cannot believe I just watched a video of a guy standing for a long time in a full suit with hood and gloves and booties watching waist to chest high waves (possibly bigger but even if so WTF) and NOT paddle out. He's suited from head to toe, and he doesn't paddle out? And he posted it of himself? Intentionally?

I've paddled out on enormous days - seriously, enormous - without a channel and just had to sac up and do it. It's awful but you try. You do it. WTF? If it's so big you're not going to paddle out, then why do you even suit up????

Seriously. That guy is an internet influencer? I'm so confused.

I'm old.

Fvck I'm old.

I know I'm old. WTF though man? WTF???????
I thought he bailed because the waves were shitty (it was hard to see because the vid was speeded up but they looked like they were backing off). Then I read the comments. “Too much power.”:roflmao:

I like watching Yuri’s vids because they make me feel good about my surfing.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What is the consensus on heckling industry guys or guys that are reps for surfboard brands?

I had an encounter with this particular chap at the pier about 3 years ago and we never really talked or liked each other since then even though we know some of the same people.

I saw him come up on a YouTube live channel and just teasingly wrote “Name sucks”. He either saw it or someone told him about it and he immediately messaged me on instagram saying “What kind of grown man with kids talks sh!t in a YouTube live comment section.”

I felt bad and apologized and told him sorry for being a Dick. Lol. But another surf rep for a neighboring surfboard brand said ”haha. I love that. Heckling anyone at blank is always a good thing!”

Did I strike a nerve? Does he need to harden up a bit? Or am I a total Dick wad? keep in mind this surf brand is known for being against the grain.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What is the consensus on heckling industry guys or guys that are reps for surfboard brands?

I had an encounter with this particular chap at the pier about 3 years ago and we never really talked or liked each other since then even though we know some of the same people.

I saw him come up on a YouTube live channel and just teasingly wrote “Name sucks”. He either saw it or someone told him about it and he immediately messaged me on instagram saying “What kind of grown man with kids talks sh!t in a YouTube live comment section.”

I felt bad and apologized and told him sorry for being a Dick. Lol. But another surf rep for a neighboring surfboard brand said ”haha. I love that. Heckling anyone at blank is always a good thing!”

Did I strike a nerve? Does he need to harden up a bit? Or am I a total Dick wad? keep in mind this surf brand is known for being against the grain.
Which guy at JS was it?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

i smell mouth breathers all around.

Jun 14, 2019

Maybe stop typing and say something to his face? That seems like the best way to harden up.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House

These People need to have thick skin, and let go of thee ego, there is going to be some criticism and people goofing on ya n trolls.
Based on your gentlemanly demeanor here I can’t imagine you saying anything thst would justify someone getting their panties all bunched up… unless they’re a little b!tch, which is what it sounds like is the case.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
These People need to have thick skin, and let go of thee ego, there is going to be some criticism and people goofing on ya n trolls.
Based on your gentlemanly demeanor here I can’t imagine you saying anything thst would justify someone getting their panties all bunched up… unless they’re a little b!tch, which is what it sounds like is the case.
My son plays baseball and said there is way worse sh!t talked to the other team in the dug out, and he is 16! :ROFLMAO:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Sounds like time for a breath holding contest!
haha. Nah... He seems like a nice guy. I was just wondering if my fellow comrades thought I was out line or not?

I can't count how many times people have told me I suck at surfing. Including my own family members! :ROFLMAO: