Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Naive expectation of peace love and harmony.
But then you're also trusting the other person is competent enough to avoid you - also naive and lacking in common sense. i wouldn't assume a car would avoid me if i walked in front of it.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
You can’t be too nice. Guy at my hiding in plain sight local was chatty with anyone who showed up and they just kept showing up and started bringing friends.

Became a total newbie break of high fives. It’s funny bc it’s really just a high tide spot so it’s flat at most times but they keep showing up at all hours of the day.
Fuck this is happening to me right now... I don't not like the people and a few can surf. I've been almost glad to have the company but now friendly guy and other random learners are there on any given weekday in February. WTF? All because it was the only spot breaking last August for a month and people were nice, spread out.

Surfline giving half cryptic hints to look around regarding wind, swell direction vs beach orientation and otherwise clueless folks will stray from the herd.

• Sad
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Moved down to PVB last year from AB/Poles. The kook level at Micklers is off the charts. I mean I haven't surfed since I moved but....:trout:. Maybe I should get on that.
My office got moved down by there for a few years, right by ATP Tour Blvd.

I fucking hated having to drive down there. If I left home after 720am or left work before 615pm A1A was fkn torture.

The surf was pretty fickle too. I drive down there when it's a higher tide and it's too shallow on the inside sand ledge away from the Pier - I'd generally rather get toothy head from a bear trap than surf the Pier. North SJC definitely gets fun especially on a chest high 8-10 sec period with some South and a mid-high tide.

Of late I cruise the extra 5 to North Guana. That part of A1A is ideal for a pre-bake and I've really only ever had one interpersonal annoyance at a Guana. Just having working ears in the Mickler's lot, if it's a Sat/Sun you will overhear like three different Karens just murdering your buzz with every word.

I had one small mid-period lunch session down there that was zen mode. Little ENE walls hitting the sandbar and feeling the angled runout cut. I must have caught like three dozen perfect little lefts in an hour and a half.

Reactions: Aruka and bobwarren

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL

I fucking hated having to drive down there. If I left home after 720am or left work before 615pm A1A was fkn torture.

The surf was pretty fickle too. I drive down there when it's a higher tide and it's too shallow on the inside sand ledge away from the Pier - I'd generally rather get toothy head from a bear trap than surf the Pier. North SJC definitely gets fun especially on a chest high 8-10 sec period with some South and a mid-high tide.

Of late I cruise the extra 5 to North Guana. That part of A1A is ideal for a pre-bake and I've really only ever had one interpersonal annoyance at a Guana. Just having working ears in the Mickler's lot, if it's a Sat/Sun you will overhear like three different Karens just murdering your buzz with every word.

I had one small mid-period lunch session down there that was zen mode. Little ENE walls hitting the sandbar and feeling the angled runout cut. I must have caught like three dozen perfect little lefts in an hour and a half.
I'll have to paddle out soon. I tend to really like those March/April stomach high clean up days we get sometimes when the wind goes offshore. Paddle muscles are gonna be super out of shape but it is what it is.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020

blowing up spots?!

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese