Simon Shapes

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
why sand? put the fin in board. wrap tape around fin to essentially make a dam/cup thing that wraps where the bottom of the fin doesnt touch the deck. turn fin upside down. drip resin into the little cup/damn made of tape till it is full. resin hardens. pul tape. not "structural"/with cloth...but will sit flush and more than likley not get blown out. done it before and works great.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
why sand? put the fin in board. wrap tape around fin to essentially make a dam/cup thing that wraps where the bottom of the fin doesnt touch the deck. turn fin upside down. drip resin into the little cup/damn made of tape till it is full. resin hardens. pul tape. not "structural"/with cloth...but will sit flush and more than likley not get blown out. done it before and works great.
That doesn't sound easy, and I could imagine making a huge mess of it!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Solid idea! How many steel reserves do you need for the process?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
How are you liking the boards? Have you taken the 6'6" out yet?
He's coming to my area soon and I'm thinking I might have to put a deposit down.
Only surfed the 5'10 asym swallow tail so far. Love that! Hasn't been waves for the 6'6 recently. That was built for a specific winter reef in mind, so might be waiting a while to give it a spin.

If I was you, I'd drop that deposit. You won't regret getting a board from John.