Show us your POWERBOATS

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I look at boats for sale once in a while. What blows my mind is how many boat manufacturers there are.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I still prefer the big sportfisher for the $1 mill price tag but the big CC boats have grown in market share for a lot of reasons.

The big blue fin bite that we've had in SD for the last 6-7 years is generally 60+ miles away. A big go fast CC get's you there quickly so you can fish and return the same day. A cat version like a Freeman is going to run super comfortably and get you there fast. If you take a sportfisher you're going out there for day and a half trip at a minimum and spending a night (which isn't a bad plan... just depends what you like better)
I cut my teeth as a captain running overnight canyon trips 70 to 100 miles off on a 50-foot 60-ton battlewagon that went a whopping 18 knots at cruise. 4 to 5 hours each way at the wheel. I did spend one year running a 32 foot fairly fast center console as well. Most days in that I could cruise 32-34 knots with that rig. I do get the speed advantage. For everything else though give me the big heavy sprtfisher especially if the sh!t hits the fan.

Reactions: keenfish

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
I'm in California. I have a small house in SW Florida we use off and on in the winter and a freshly scraped piece of land in Jupiter that may be a second home one day except the wife decided she really likes Delray....so who knows.
All good places. I work in Delray Beach and it’s growing like crazy. Jupiter is where it’s at for a Waterman’s life. And the S side of the inlet is super fun wave

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I still prefer the big sportfisher for the $1 mill price tag but the big CC boats have grown in market share for a lot of reasons.

The big blue fin bite that we've had in SD for the last 6-7 years is generally 60+ miles away. A big go fast CC get's you there quickly so you can fish and return the same day. A cat version like a Freeman is going to run super comfortably and get you there fast. If you take a sportfisher you're going out there for day and a half trip at a minimum and spending a night (which isn't a bad plan... just depends what you like better)
47' Freeman here next to mothership. You probably follow this guy on insta already.