Show Me Yer Logs

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
This is the last true log I've had. Sold it about two years back. In the rare instance I ride a longboard these days I have a Stewart Redline 11 but don't have a picture of it handy

1713801075676.png

This was the last one I made. Made it for one of my boys so he'd have a log to use to surf in the longboard division of local contests. It hangs over my workbench these days.

DSC03939-zpsf7178ab2.jpg

Even made the fin from scratch for that one.

1713802141420.png

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I need a new one.
I sold the longboard I had.

IMG_0707.jpeg IMG_0710.jpeg

I 'm hoping to find something that is a little bit better of a noserider that is also a little more forgiving.
This one hauled ass when you locked it in trim, but I'm looking for something a little different for small days at home.

Reactions: terdroamer
Apr 17, 2024
from far yet near
I need a new one.
I sold the longboard I had.

View attachment 178587 View attachment 178588

I 'm hoping to find something that is a little bit better of a noserider that is also a little more forgiving.
This one hauled ass when you locked it in trim, but I'm looking for something a little different for small days at home.
SFOB is your home right? Have you see or tried a Malcom Campbell ewing 5 fin log? I have a 8' pintail out runs the beach break close outs and you can do cheater 5's but I bet if you went 9'+ you could ride the nose:waving:

Reactions: santacruzin

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Yuri approved log

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc
Jan 3, 2024
Stretch makes a bitchin log for a guy known for short boards and guns

Went with it mostly for the durable construction but the shape turned out to be killer too

Lots of flip in the tail, 9'8" but feels a lot shorter when its surfed off the tail or middle 1/3

Came with a different tail than I requested, classic Stretch :beer:. But still goes amazing

Attachments

Reactions: terdroamer

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I have a beautiful 9’2 Terry Martin Hobie I have to get a pic of. Good mix of nose rider and performance.

my favorite “long board” though is an 11’6 Bark hand shape paddle/surf board. Definitely pretty much point and shoot but a great board to take out for a paddle and surf along the way.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Yaters are a deal. Rennie isn't getting any younger. I should really buy two of them. One to hang on the wall and one to ride. He's not getting any younger. He's amazing really.

I've told this story before, but he was in my shop one day and he overheard a conversation about some sh!t-bag surfer that had written my a bad check. He's standing there shaking his head at me like I'm his slightly retarded step child.

"Sharky."
"Yeah?"
"You took a check from a surfer?"
"
Yeah, I did Rennie."
"Never, NEVER take a check from a surfer!"

Spun on his heel and walked out. I'd just gotten smacked in the head with old school surf knowledge. I laughed for ten minutes.

Get your Yater while you still can.

Apr 17, 2024
from far yet near
Yaters are a deal. Rennie isn't getting any younger. I should really buy two of them. One to hang on the wall and one to ride. He's not getting any younger. He's amazing really.

I've told this story before, but he was in my shop one day and he overheard a conversation about some sh!t-bag surfer that had written my a bad check. He's standing there shaking his head at me like I'm his slightly retarded step child.

"Sharky."
"Yeah?"
"You took a check from a surfer?"
"
Yeah, I did Rennie."
"Never, NEVER take a check from a surfer!"

Spun on his heel and walked out. I'd just gotten smacked in the head with old school surf knowledge. I laughed for ten minutes.

Get your Yater while you still can.
I got mine last year I would not wait to much longer but it seems for now he is stoking the racks at the beach house with hand shaped boards. No custom orders but I found exactly what I wanted OTR:shaka:

Apr 17, 2024
from far yet near
Stretch makes a bitchin log for a guy known for short boards and guns

Went with it mostly for the durable construction but the shape turned out to be killer too

Lots of flip in the tail, 9'8" but feels a lot shorter when its surfed off the tail or middle 1/3

Came with a different tail than I requested, classic Stretch :beer:. But still goes amazing
I was real close to having stretch make me a pintail nose rider with sk8 deck and CFT heavy glass job but I could not resist replacing "reliving" a 60z Yater spoon pintail I once surfed when I was teen:waving:

Apr 17, 2024
from far yet near
I had this very same board about 10 years ago. It was a great paddler, super smooth on the face but always felt too slow for me. How do you like it?
Love it like mentioned above I am not a fan of flex fins specially on logs for nose riding but once I got my True Ames CA classic board drives right down the line plenty of speed and great balance for riding nose. When I was a teen my friends dad repaved tennis courts for Hope ranch and Montecitio etc and homes had piles of ole 50z-60z logs ready for dump so friends dad would bring them home. I would get my choice of classics and once scored a Yater pintail step with Bat laminate on tail. Best board I had ever rode of all the classic including Hansen, Weber, etc:shaka:

Reactions: Havoc and motosurf