Shortie

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Which one of you YOLOing degenerates is going to be the first to order one of these and show it off here?
Looks fun. chrome_screenshot_1648156743151.png

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
lost me at "refined with Adriano..."
Is this really a strong selling point outside of Brasil? do bros really want to surf like Ads in 2022??
agreed, looks like another pro ho special

that being said i'd go 6'1" x 19 1/4 x 2 9/16 around 31L

I've been 1/2 on both the Chilli's owned so far

volume 2 only worked backside and paddled poorly

faded 2.0 was a gem in both directions and paddles like a like an outrigger canoe

Oct 5, 2021
Here she is, came 2 days before my trip so didn't even get a chance to put her in the water before bubblewrapping for my indo trip. Had a chance to put it side by side with Faded 2.0 in the shop, slightly more entry rocker, and a bit more exit as well. Also carries a slightly rounder profile tail so hopefully give it a bit more low endShortie 2.jpg. I customed this one to get the 5 fin boxes and pulled a bit of thickness out of it as well, still carries a decent amount of foam through the nose so suspect it will paddle well. Hopefully makes it to and from indo in one piece! Ride reports to follow. Shortie 1.jpg

Oct 5, 2021
Initial thoughts, paddles and catches well provided the wave has a decent face, way looser than I expected and I was running mick fanning fcs2 fins as well so definitely a board for being in the pocket and steeper faces. I’m definitely no ripper but seemed pretty user friendly to me as a good wave HPSB. All in all quite happy with it so far, will be interested to see how it goes in the less powerful/perfect waves back home in oz.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
lost me at "refined with Adriano..."
Is this really a strong selling point outside of Brasil? do bros really want to surf like Ads in 2022??
I dont get all the Adriano bashing on here. He has an extremely smooth style- one of the best bottom turns - no double pump garbage.

What am I missing?

Oct 5, 2021
Last couple days in east coast aus have been pumping, been out on the shortie a fair bit for first time in a while. Surfing it on a right hand point break to a bit overhead and this morning a chunky doh left beachy. Can confirm this is a really nice good wave board, carries speed and flows well, surprisingly manoeuvrable for a step up due to fair bit of tail rocker. Does not like flatter faced waves, really needs a steeper wall to get the most out of it. I had mine glassed strong as was heading to Indo, if I had my time over wouldn’t mind trying one an inch shorter and standard light glass job but in the big stuff feels very secure.