Shaper deposits, and credit card refunds?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Are credit card companies usually sympathetic to this request, and is it a pretty drawn out process? The charges are 4 months old now, which is two months over the original lead time. The lack in communication is what bugs me, the last response I got was a month and a half ago, saying it was getting glassed at that time.

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: Bman76 and rts265

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Are credit card companies usually sympathetic to this request, and is it a pretty drawn out process? The charges are 4 months old now, which is two months over the original lead time. The lack in communication is what bugs me, the last response I got was a month and a half ago, saying it was getting glassed at that time.
My experience - yes.

You will give them a basic description of what took place and the fact there has been lack of communication and goods have not been received.

Usually in about a week the CC company will remove/refund the charge to you. In the event no response was received from the merchant this will be accompanied by a notice they will be continuing their investigation.

If the investigation is resolved at some point and either you are found to be at fault or the goods are in hand, the CC company will re-charge your card.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Thanks Casa! This is a local shaper, and one who has a great reputation, that's why this has been so frustrating.

• Wow
Reactions: rts265
Mar 4, 2021
Patreon doesn't work with PayPal. So you can give your PayPal account for donations. For this purpose, you will need a verified account, which is very hard to get since the last security update. I understand that this security update saves people from a lot of scammers, but also makes the process of verification harder. I usually buy a pack of Paypal accounts on the CVV shop, to not losing time verifying them. If you don't have this verification PayPal can block your money for six months, if you can't demonstrate that you are a physical person and from which source, you got the money.

• Dislike
Reactions: doc_flavonoid

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Id say be patient. I ordered 3 boards from the same shaper last year. One took the usual 4-6 weeks. The next was done in 2 weeks(!!!!). The last one I ordered mid November and Im still waiting on. I have a feeling there was a big holiday rush for a lot of them and the glass shops are backed up like a Rosarito toilet. Or yea, if hes that local just go talk to him.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
My last 2 customs both was delayed past their estimates. Two different shops. Its been the trend at some places during the whole covid deal. It sucks I know, just saying a lot are dealing with it also. In the end, could be worth the wait and turn out to be a magic board. Mine was.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Was quoted 6-8 weeks on a Cole I'm waiting for. We're at 6 months now. He says glasshouses are slammed, and I know they are, but some still manage to pump them out in a month or so. I bother him every couple months... I was told it was ready to glass 2 months ago, which was the same reply I got last week. No point in complaining, I'll just wait it out.

Last edited:

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
imagine all the calls he is getting with "where is my board". Dude cant get anything done with that. its a shitty time for board making and I agree go talk to him rather than posting here.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
You guys think the glass shops communicate with the shaper on the time lags? Or is the shaper in the dark like the customer?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:
Patreon doesn't work with PayPal. So you can give your PayPal account for donations. For this purpose, you will need a verified account, which is very hard to get since the last security update. I understand that this security update saves people from a lot of scammers, but also makes the process of verification harder. I usually buy a pack of Paypal accounts on the CVV shop, to not losing time verifying them. If you don't have this verification PayPal can block your money for six months, if you can't demonstrate that you are a physical person and from which source, you got the money.
:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Was quoted 6-8 weeks on a Cole I'm waiting for. We're at 6 months now. He says glasshouses are slammed, and I know they are, but some still manage to pump them out in a month or so. I bother him every couple months... I was told it was ready to glass 2 months ago, which was the same reply I got last week. No point in complaining, I'll just wait it out.
hopefully its not twisted by the time you get it.....4 months overdue, sheeesh!

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
hopefully its not twisted by the time you get it.....4 months overdue, sheeesh!
had a couple bords shaped end of last feb. went into the glass shop days before the covid lockdown freak out.

fuk me running, boards sat til june before the glasser got off his ass.

surnuf 1+2 picked up the twist. noticed it right off first time paddling out. fortunately im a crappy enough surfr that i can get used to pretty much anything and have been riding the chit out for the past 7 months