SF beatdown

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Yeah I had a good chuckle at the NYC comments. It’s certainly changed, but nowhere near as bad as what the media has been portraying.

And as bad as Calcutta? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Just talking to a lady at work who moved here from Manhattan. She grew up in Manhattan and doesn't even drive, so super NY

She says it is far worse than you see on the news. She was born in Manhattan and finally felt so unsafe that they had to leave. They were going to move out without even having a job.

Just wanted to share this with the people that say these videos are cherry picked and the cities are not *that bad*
The poor thing.

How old is she? Manhattan waaaaay Better than it was in the 70s, early 80s

I’m curious as to what major cities don’t have areas thst aren’t giant sh!t holes?

We really need to turn the clock back to the industrial revolution- child labor, sweat shops, gnarly working conditions n hrs. Let’s do this!!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The poor thing.

I’m curious as to what major cities don’t have areas thst aren’t giant sh!t holes?

We really need to turn the clock back to the industrial revolution- child labor, sweat shops, gnarly working conditions n hrs. Let’s do this!!
Ifails childish fantasy

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The poor thing.

Seriously. A little perspective could go a long way. Too bad it’s in such short supply

in i falls defense though, at least as it relates to the life long New Yorker who fled for her life, there are a few tiny pockets of otherwise affluent neighborhoods around the city that were dramatically altered by the pandemic. but I’m talking two and three block pockets that have old hotels that were converted into shelters, apartment buildings converted to the same, and that has so far lead to dramatic changes in the quality and safety of those little microcosms. It’s not widespread but I’m sure there are still many thousands of New Yorkers who saw their previously tony and cozy blocks become a shooting (drugs and/or guns) gallery during and after the pandemic.

but even that will be temporary, as is every crisis in New York

Reactions: Swallow Tail

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Seriously. A little perspective could go a long way. Too bad it’s in such short supply

in i falls defense though, at least as it relates to the life long New Yorker who fled for her life, there are a few tiny pockets of otherwise affluent neighborhoods around the city that were dramatically altered by the pandemic. but I’m talking two and three block pockets that have old hotels that were converted into shelters, apartment buildings converted to the same, and that has so far lead to dramatic changes in the quality and safety of those little microcosms. It’s not widespread but I’m sure there are still many thousands of New Yorkers who saw their previously tony and cozy blocks become a shooting (drugs and/or guns) gallery during and after the pandemic.

but even that will be temporary, as is every crisis in New York
Covid did some weird $hit.

… there were areas - like in the S Bronx that you would not really want to drive through even in the middle of the day; particularly if you stood out - like having out of state license plates. It was that gnarly.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah man, I took plenty of drives and train rides into town in those first 6 months. Sofa king weird, everywhere. Even the most insulated parts of affluent residential areas, like Northside Williamsburg, soho, etc. all nuts. i will never forget seeing manic, doped up, homeless trannies dancing merrily across 42nd street, nary a car nor bus to interrupt their glory.

It wasn’t so much the merry trannies, they’re part of the fabric of New York; it was just how EMPTY it all was…and that it seemed like those trannies were the ONLY folks having a good time. What few normies there were all walked double time in their masks, eyes darting nervously in all directions lol

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
yeah man, I took plenty of drives and train rides into town in those first 6 months. Sofa king weird, everywhere. Even the most insulated parts of affluent residential areas, like Northside Williamsburg, soho, etc. all nuts. i will never forget seeing manic, doped up, homeless trannies dancing merrily across 42nd street, nary a car nor bus to interrupt their glory.

It wasn’t so much the merry trannies, they’re part of the fabric of New York; it was just how EMPTY it all was…and that it seemed like those trannies were the ONLY folks having a good time. What few normies there were all walked double time in their masks, eyes darting nervously in all directions lol
Man, a golden opportunity- they should film a happy-go-lucky street tranny/pandemic themed Escape from New York sequel. Fack - maybe even make it a broadway show.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
When I last visited SF a year or so ago I found the homeless issue way overblown. People made it sound like I was gonna get shanked on every street corner and I think I saw ten total the week I was there. Hit up Chinatown, Haight, SOMA, South Park, and Golden Gate Park.

Are they actually just isolated to a few pockets like the Mission and Tenderloin? I thought Golden Gate Park would be like a refugee camp or something, saw zero tents or crusties.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
NGL one of the things I miss most about LOs Angeles. Driving home from places where I did important things with powerful people and seeing a homeless dude doing Charles Manson Kung Fu in the middle of Venice and La Cirnega intersection and landing kicks on cars as they went by. Happened so much I was sad when it didn’t

1663028631093.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
NGL one of the things I miss most about LOs Angeles. Driving home from places where I did important things with powerful people and seeing a homeless dude doing Charles Manson Kung Fu in the middle of Venice and La Cirnega intersection and landing kicks on cars as they went by. Happened so much I was sad when it didn’t

View attachment 137803
Snake Plissken would have layed the smack down on all of those foos. Just sayin' NGL.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’ve been in nyc recently and didn’t notice a big difference from pre-covid
my daughter lives in Brooklyn and goes into the city for fun sometimes. She says it’s back to normal
my brother lives in one of the affluent areas where they had homeless people give a hotel
his neighborhood is back to normal

next week ill be in San Francisco, but staying in oakland
im looking forward to seeing with my own eyes just how bad it all is

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The poor thing.

That’s the difference she was saying. There were always giant shitholes, but now the whole city is a giant shithole

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Most people don’t know the real truth about child labor laws. They’re silly and outdated. Today the age old right of children to work is under attack.

Also there’s a dude who works at one of the weed shops here who’s a dead ringer for the Evil DJ

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
San Francisco now joining the ranks of Indianapolis, Cleveland, and Detroit.

If you've ever been to Indianapolis (and not just on a business trip - please no "Indianapolis is a hidden gem" stupidity) you know something is REALLY wrong when one of the most desirable cities on the planet has fallen into the same ranking.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 8.27.23 PM.png

Reactions: Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Most people don’t know the real truth about child labor laws. They’re silly and outdated. Today the age old right of children to work is under attack.
Child labor seems awful for adults.

Can you imagine being the guy in charge of herding these little f*ckers and ensuring they're productive?

It's hard enough to get supposedly intelligent adults to do their jobs, imagine what it took to get these guys to do their sh!t right.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Child labor seems awful for adults.

Can you imagine being the guy in charge of herding these little f*ckers and ensuring they're productive?

It's hard enough to get supposedly intelligent adults to do their jobs, imagine what it took to get these guys to do their sh!t right.
They look pretty motivated by hunger to me.

Elon Musk’s child miners on the other hand can’t wait to get to work
1663064865879.jpeg

Last edited: