Ryan Sakal Convoy: YOLO?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Anyone got any info on this board...if it were full price wouldn't bother, but ~half priced.
-Could be a bit overvolumed for me, but lots of rubber in the winter

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Not sure about that one, but have had his Sabre & a custom SD fish from him. Both fun boards that go great and shaped/glassed well. When I was grabbing the SD fish from him, he had just made it back from CR and was really stoked on a new model he was working on and testing called the tall boy.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
This board has been considered by lots of people here on the EC because of its price, cant believe it hasnt sold yet..

Reactions: Sauce

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
I've never ridden a bonzer, what's the vibe like?
Not a bonzer guy. Had a 6'7" shortboard looking 5 fin bonzer from malcom in the late 2000's as a step up. Just felt like riding a single fin to me. On a giant day I caught probably the longest wave Ive ever surfed in Subways hometown - legitimate jetty to jetty set wave...still felt like a single fin ..occasionally I felt some burst of speed in a steep section, but every turn had that single fin bogginess through the top. I know peeps that swear by them but I have accepted that I am not worthy.

Reactions: oeste858

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Not a bonzer guy. Had a 6'7" shortboard looking 5 fin bonzer from malcom in the late 2000's as a step up. Just felt like riding a single fin to me. On a giant day I caught probably the longest wave Ive ever surfed in Subways hometown - legitimate jetty to jetty set wave...still felt like a single fin ..occasionally I felt some burst of speed in a steep section, but every turn had that single fin bogginess through the top. I know peeps that swear by them but I have accepted that I am not worthy.
they feel just like a 2+1 setup to me
1698091132822.jpeg