Ryan Burch Surfboards

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Never tried one, but most of the ones I've felt up have been unashamedly thicc n chunky in a retro way.
The one i saw on the used rack is a black, short, wide, thick quad with glassed on wood fins.

I had know idea it’s a “sought after” shaper and thought to myself, “if it was half this price it’s be fun to give it a whir…..”

$500 if I recall…

Might still be there.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
The one i saw on the used rack is a black, short, wide, thick quad with glassed on wood fins.

I had know idea it’s a “sought after” shaper and thought to myself, “if it was half this price it’s be fun to give it a whir…..”

$500 if I recall…

Might still be there.
DO IT

• Love
Reactions: Goodfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
McCallums were the Album program before Album blew up
But McCallum was often considered inaccessible .:roflmao:

I used to love asking the hipsters how I could get in touch with him to order a board just to see the reaction (I didn't actually want one)...was like asking for a reservation at Dorsia.

If I ordered one I'd bring a $2 bill to be glassed over in lieu of the $1 he does...increasing the retail value by $1K..."OMG what does it mean? The most ironic glass job in history."

Oct 15, 2015
But McCallum was often considered inaccessible .:roflmao:

I used to love asking the hipsters how I could get in touch with him to order a board just to see the reaction (I didn't actually want one)...was like asking for a reservation at Dorsia.

If I ordered one I'd bring a $2 bill to be glassed over in lieu of the $1 he does...increasing the retail value by $1K..."OMG what does it mean? The most ironic glass job in history."

I already thought of that :)
uncirculated $2 bill my grandfather gave to me when I was young.

IMG_3081.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: vanrysss

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

$500 if I recall…

Might still be there.

I think I remember hearing/reading that he made a point to buy his boards back from people in order to control supply in the market.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Recent Superwolf interview said pretty much all the Burch boards go to Japan. Along with the Derrick Disneys, McCallums, THCs, and JTudors.

I guess that explains why you rarely if ever see these boards in the water IRL.

That was always what I figured.
All of the meticulous, small brand, boardmakers have long done well in Japan.

I've definitely received boards, or seen boards on the rack and immediately thought, "this never would have made it out of the factory if it was a Japan order". Conversely, most American customers would not pay what the Japan orders pay.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The ones I've seen "used" on CL always seem/say unridden or look like they were maybe ridden once.

Love what they did with the laps. If Album has "pizza box stains"...then those are "yummy jizzrope entrails."

Fck, that thing is ugly. Looks like it was shaped n glassed as a middle school science project.
Bro, haha.

You clearly don't get it.

It's supposed to be ironic.

Do you even fisherman beanie?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I have no idea how that thing would go, but it looks hideous.

It definitely would have been rejected bny the Japanese distributor.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Bro, haha.

You clearly don't get it.

It's supposed to be ironic.

Do you even fisherman beanie?
bro, I fisherman beanie all day every day.

… people post some ugly a$$ fcked up lookin boards up in here n they get praised sometimes, other times not… hard to tell up from down in this place sometimes.

That thing is so fcked looking that if someone gave it to me for free I grind the fins off, keep those n toss that thing in a dumpster fire

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
If I recall correctly Superwolf "Alex" has been one of Jeff's lead glassers for a long, long time. Boards work, Jeff's been a local SD guy doing his own thing for a couple decades. Worked for CC back in the day, and charges legit Blacks when it's on.

Solid guy.