Aug 5, 2015
Man, look at the size of the jizz ropes on this one. Album surf would never

1709393747146.png

• Love
Reactions: jkb

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I dunno about youse guys, but I'm not sure Superwolf actually does the resin work on all the Burch boards. I've had 8 boards from Ryan, but I think only 4 have actually been done by the Superwolf himself. Could definitely tell a difference...

Reactions: JDJ

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
My ripper neighbor ended up on a surf trip with Burch. The neighbor said Burch offered to make him a board which turned out to be a picklefork. He says it's magic and he only takes it out in good surf. There is a local guy who does copies of popular shapes and he does a lot of them. The neighbor also knows him so he asked him to do a copy of the Burch since he can't get a hold of Burch.
Asked him if the copy has the same magic. Nope not at all is all he said.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
My ripper neighbor ended up on a surf trip with Burch. The neighbor said Burch offered to make him a board which turned out to be a picklefork. He says it's magic and he only takes it out in good surf. There is a local guy who does copies of popular shapes and he does a lot of them. The neighbor also knows him so he asked him to do a copy of the Burch since he can't get a hold of Burch.
Asked him if the copy has the same magic. Nope not at all is all he said.
That's true about the Pickle Forks. I have a Pickle Fork 1+2 and a Pickle Twin. Both need decent, clean waves, but they feel amazing in those conditions. Fast, easy to control and really smooth - the twin a little less so than the 1+2, but the twin was made as step-up and it holds an edge really well in hollow waves. If you want a Burch that goes great in anything, then I would go for a Cuttle Fish. It's less flashy than the Picks Forks, but it does everything you want it to do from waist-high+.

Reactions: jkb and sozzle

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Recent Superwolf interview said pretty much all the Burch boards go to Japan. Along with the Derrick Disneys, McCallums, THCs, and JTudors.

I guess that explains why you rarely if ever see these boards in the water IRL.

I'm yet to see a McCallum in the water, or one that actually looks like someone rode it.

"Mccallum surfboards are some of the most sought after in the world. They appeal to people who really appreciate quality and craftmanship and take pride in owning it. It’s something special they can pass down to their kids and keep forever."

I mean, wow!

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
"Mccallum surfboards are some of the most sought after in the world. They appeal to people who really appreciate quality and craftmanship and take pride in owning it. It’s something special they can pass down to their kids and keep forever."

I mean, wow!
Are they made of steel?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
BTW, there‘s a Mccallum on the used rack at the Beach House in SB right now. It’s in excellent condition too.

Maybe I should buy it….:shrug: