Rounded pin tail twins

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Hey I recently got a midlife board that smaller in relation to my height & weight. We all slowdown at different rates, I guess. Enjoy the crutch! :p
Does not grovel well at all needs some push works great at beach break and sharky reef. I would say more of a glide and carve ride specially with twin set up then crutch mid trying to sb.I have plenty of sb dd and hpsb I can still ride from 27l to 29l and reason why I work hard to stay in shape. Still waiting for you to post current height, weight, and waist size or wetsuit size but I guess if you need a fireturd at 40l meant to be hpml then you must be pretty fat. Also waiting to drool all over my screen after you post pics of your fireturd quiver:monkey:

• Haha
Reactions: SixtyGrit

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Is that just the lighting or is the rail beveled at the sting? My first new surfboard way back when Bertlemann, Buttons and Liddel were making headlines had a beveled sting. It did some weird slip slidey stuff, but I loved the board.
Yes I scored a 6' Aipa (RIP) single stinger in high school I loved same deal with slippery feel and this was my mutated creation which was ten fold with twin set up feels real nice in trim when wave has push or even better barrel. The sting acts like extra fins and kinda gripes wave face:waving:

Reactions: One-Off and Havoc

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
40 liter volume of fireturd equals 60 liter normal board
Volume is the 3d space enclosed within a surface, numbnuts. I think thunderbolt construction weight is somewhere between "normal" (whatever that is) EPS and PU.

I wonder how the volume on your mutant It was calculated, btw. Was a computer used to modify the shape? Say it isn't so!

Last edited:
  • Haha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Volume is the 3d space enclosed within a surface, numbnuts. I think thunderbolt construction weight is somewhere between "normal" (whatever that is) EPS and PU.

I wonder how the volume on your mutant It was calculated, btw. Was a computer used to modify the shape? Say it isn't so!
Can't teach a ole kook new tricks..... :monkey: No computer just two fins added "twin" with 2win model fin placement pretty sure stretch and team has down pretty good by now :foreheadslap:
Only reason volume got mentioned was doc asked but I never even talk volume or worry about it with actual shaper:foreheadslap: When I go to Malcom or Dylan at Stretch I go with height, width, and thickness of said board then let them decide what or how to cut out blank:shaka: These are important things to going custom not just pretty tint jobs and even though you can find if you know what you are looking for a board used or otr a shaper "non taiwan sweat shop" can make you a custom ride just for you:beer:cstreet bezt to keep to yer crutch thread to surf mushburger point. Kook like you could poke yer eye out talkin' about pintails:drowning:

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It's highly unlikely that anyone would bother measuring volume on a hand-shaped board. CAD modified/machine cut is the only other way to know the volume. Might as well have sent the file offshore to Taiwan and have the kids there construct it. Oh, but that would violate your heartfelt capitalist principles. Couldn't do that. :shameonyou:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It's highly unlikely that anyone would bother measuring volume on a hand-shaped board. CAD modified/machine cut is the only other way to know the volume. Might as well have sent the file offshore to Taiwan and have the kids there construct it. Oh, but that would violate your heartfelt capitalist principles. Couldn't do that. :shameonyou:
Or you could actually read post and see volume has no bearing on my board(s) and any other surfer who has ever ordered a custom board or bought a used or off the rack board. Volume is kinda cute way to know if board is going to float you or not is (60 still no clue :foreheadslap: ) unnecessary and most "if done long enough" can simple get more accurate info by just picking up a board (after you know:height, width, and thickness) and feeling her out:dancing: Kook you don't need to cut blank to find volume plenty of software programs to figure out and most big brands: (ci, lost, pyzel) have calculater for all models on site:bricks:
1654190862080.jpeg

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I was just pointing out that because your modified It lists volume it indicates that it was CAD modified and machine cut, something a backward purist like yourself seems to find upsetting for some reason.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I was just pointing out that because your modified It lists volume it indicates that it was CAD modified and machine cut, something a backward purist like yourself seems to find upsetting for some reason.
Being backward purist has nothing to do with being smart enough to realize taiwan sweat shop construction can not match up to CFT, varial, xtr, pu/epoxy or hell any glasser who does decent job glassing pu/pe and 1k for a turd board is over priced for material and craftsmanship :foreheadslap: 100% sure untrue and I know as fact Dylan at Stretch factory uses cad program on pc to see board design etc but as far as I know has no machine to cut at factory but my other shaper Malcom Campbell has erbb legend "Sharky aka gws" cut his blanks and roughly cut the "bonzer kool aid" into bottom of board etc then Malcom does all the fine tuning by hand.
Yeah and no. Unlike many other shapers, Stretch doesn’t design his boards on the computer so all of that quantitative data isn’t easily accessible at once. Each of the models is created using his own curves, templates, rail profiles and design theories. The master design is hand shaped with a square tail and no deck channels then optically scanned (via probe or laser) to create the CAD file for CNC milling purposes. Once this master file is created it can then be opened with computer shaping software to be manipulated and gather data like rocker, width and thickness measurements as well as volume. We refer to this in-house as a plan shape which has all the consistent attributes and features of a select model. Often times, data and measurements can be provided from the plan shape. However, if you’re looking for an adjusted rail profile, a pulled in tail outline, slight pug nose addition or extra deep deck channels then don?t bother asking for volume measurement down to the 0.2L accuracy

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I remember when guys like Jimmyboy (aka, shaka guy) thought the new-fangled thruster fin setup was for kooks. It's hard to get traditionalists out of their comfort zone.

• Haha