RIP Sunny Garcia?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
There is a article on beachgrit with a podcast by the guy making a movie about him, a tough listen but shed some light on the situation.

Reactions: r32

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing. Thanks mundus for the reference. Will check it out.

Here's another pic of Sunny with his wife at his Hawaii Sports Hall of Fame induction on 5/5/2015.

150505_06.jpg

Reactions: Aruka

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Was wondering the same thing. Thanks mundus for the reference. Will check it out.

Here's another pic of Sunny with his wife at his Hawaii Sports Hall of Fame induction on 5/5/2015.
They got divorced back in 2015. She just had two kids with someone else.

Reactions: sponge

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
His ex was a complete freaking whack job money sucking demon. enough said.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
In that recent Bobby Martinez video on Stab, he said he talked to Sunny a few weeks before he attempted suicide and said "Sunny told me some thing that will haunt me for life."
Probably around CB's death? I met him for the first time at the memorial (after the ceremony) and talked for maybe a minute. The atmosphere was upbeat and somewhat of a reunion for lots of people, full celebration. He had "the darkness" aura about him and you could feel it from across the room amid the party goers.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Probably around CB's death? I met him for the first time at the memorial (after the ceremony) and talked for maybe a minute. The atmosphere was upbeat and somewhat of a reunion for lots of people, full celebration. He had "the darkness" aura about him and you could feel it from across the room amid the party goers.
Yeah I noticed the same thing that night.

The guy had demons. Everyone always talks about how gnarly the west side is. I have two friends who teach at Waianae High School, one local and one haole, and they have told me some things that will haunt ME for life. Generational poverty sucks, and can lead human beings to do some pretty fucked up sh!t.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah I noticed the same thing that night.

The guy had demons. Everyone always talks about how gnarly the west side is. I have two friends who teach at Waianae High School, one local and one haole, and they have told me some things that will haunt ME for life. Generational poverty sucks, and can lead human beings to do some pretty fucked up sh!t.
Childhood trauma is no bullsh!t

Reactions: redrider

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Sonny Garcia.jpg
Happier times for Sunny. Huntington Beach Surf Induction for Ben Aipa and other's that morning.
Wasn't Sunny married to Joey Cabell's (Chart House) daughter before he did his jail stint because of taxes on the money he had made from surfing?? photo: PPK

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I was at Agenda in Vegas 11 years ago. Well, I should say I was at the Rhino after Agenda and this stripper was upside down twerking her butt cheeks on Sunny's face. I'm standing with my buddy, who was an A level pro at the time, and I go whoa Sunny's raging, he says, "That's his wife."