RIP otf???

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
man, i didn't know him but i saw him around and in the water all the time for the last 25 years. i didnt know the guy from the water was OTF. condolences to friends and family

Jan 14, 2020
I’m heartbroken. It’s taken a couple days to process, we were neighbors and I had twins and he had triplets at the same time. We surfed together daily, spoke daily, and even went to Samoa together I shared how much I loved that place with him and he loved it too and went back on his own. He and I were tight. Then I moved. Not across the country, 15 miles south. And we drifted. I spoke to him in 2019 multiple times and I had no idea this came back. We were “getting together soon” every time we spoke. We didn’t.

Kenny was a force. He was my older brother. Ive missed many of you. Lippy gbg diro waldo keen casurfer and everyone else. I hope to see you all at whatever we put together for him.

love you Kenny Michelle and the boys.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I feel like a dickhead to find out about about this second/third hand. If only I could have done something to help. I know its Kenny. Wish I could have done more.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’m heartbroken. It’s taken a couple days to process, we were neighbors and I had twins and he had triplets at the same time. We surfed together daily, spoke daily, and even went to Samoa together I shared how much I loved that place with him and he loved it too and went back on his own. He and I were tight. Then I moved. Not across the country, 15 miles south. And we drifted. I spoke to him in 2019 multiple times and I had no idea this came back. We were “getting together soon” every time we spoke. We didn’t.

Kenny was a force. He was my older brother. Ive missed many of you. Lippy gbg diro waldo keen casurfer and everyone else. I hope to see you all at whatever we put together for him.

This made me all choked up....I used to love how the two of you would instigate and bounce ideas of each other...then the tangents would surface and live a life of their own. Absolute Brilliance!

OTF made life fun...Thank You!

Reactions: jamesgang

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Diro just sent me a Message, I haven't been on the erBB in a while....busy with work.
Sad news. I always enjoyed him and his comments on here. Seems like he had many friends which says a lot about who a person is while they lived.
Condolences to all his family and friends.

RIP OTF

Reactions: Waldo and diro

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

I deeply regret not seeing him at the end. I think. Not following through with a meet-up may have been my way of avoiding a tear jerking emotional day and seeing him in his diminished state. Since I lost my nephew to cancer, death and dying are really hard to deal with for me. I cry alot when i read or hear about people battling cancer. Even strangers. When children are involved, its worse. I still cry over my nephew 14 years later. Out of the blue the thoughts and tears flow. I was at the winery in OB one day last year and there was a somber guy there and I may have asked too many personal questions. With tears in his eyes he told me his wife had died 3 days ago after a long battle with cancer. I just starting crying uncontrollably and had to leave. I guess deep down I did not want to see KC in any other state than how I knew him from years ago and that may be selfish. This makes me even more sad.

Jan 14, 2020
I deeply regret not seeing him at the end. I think. Not following through with a meet-up may have been my way of avoiding a tear jerking emotional day and seeing him in his diminished state. Since I lost my nephew to cancer, death and dying are really hard to deal with for me. I cry alot when i read or hear about people battling cancer. Even strangers. When children are involved, its worse. I still cry over my nephew 14 years later. Out of the blue the thoughts and tears flow. I was at the winery in OB one day last year and there was a somber guy there and I may have asked too many personal questions. With tears in his eyes he told me his wife had died 3 days ago after a long battle with cancer. I just starting crying uncontrollably and had to leave. I guess deep down I did not want to see KC in any other state than how I knew him from years ago and that may be selfish. This makes me even more sad.
I remember this Gary, and it’s just as awful now as it was then.

I lost my best high school friend to suicide last year and this with Kenny is so rough.

I think as we get older, we see our friends start to pass and we see the mortality in ourselves. I am similarly more emotional now than I ever have been. My kids and wife are so much more important to me now then I ever thought. It sounds so stupid when you write it down but it’s true

We are selfish by nature and those of us that are not as selfish, and have found out how good it feels to give and give without asking for anything are such beacons in our life.

Thanks to everyone participating here, nice to hear from you and see you pop up on here.

Hi GWS:shaka::shaka:

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
RIP otf.

On a side note, it's been really cool too see all these old school legends of the erbb show up to pay respects. I think otf would have liked it too.

Reactions: Waldo

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Watching someone you care about degrade/decline and suffer takes a toll on the caregivers/survivors. It definitely leaves a mark.
My father in law died from cancer last Thursday. Six months of misery. I don’t know how you’ve kept it together this long with your dad.

Hi varno!

I think Kenny would be disappointed that nobody has posted a picture of Dirty Diane’s t!ts. I know I am.

• Sad
Reactions: ratfink
Jan 14, 2020
My father in law died from cancer last Thursday. Six months of misery. I don’t know how you’ve kept it together this long with your dad.

Hi varno!

I think Kenny would be disappointed that nobody has posted a picture of Dirty Diane’s t!ts. I know I am.
Sorry about your father in law. Tough for you and your family. I’m sure you were solid for you wife.

Lol who’s going to post that first.

We’re all a bunch of chuggers to him still.

Reactions: Waldo

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Otf was one of a kind, which is kind of ironic with how many trolls he had
I hadn’t seen otf in so many years, but still thought of him as a friend. The guy made me laugh my ass off so often, for so many years
I’m so incredibly sad about his passing. I’ll miss his good humor and wise words

Peace to his family, especially the triplets, and all of his friends.
I’m curious - what would Al Soldano say?
cowabunga
rg

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
How are you, Witchipoo/AnneFrankenstein?
Pretty well overall, but I caught that stupidgoddamnfucking flu and I've been flat on my ass for a week!

I've been trying to get back in the water but it's slow going. Putting most of my energy into making horrible experimental music because I want the world to suffer along with me . . . ;)

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
Kenny..... I remember his smile most of all. Perpetually smiling. At least that's how it felt. Whenever I'd see him. His boys, all rough-and-tumble little unique versions of their old man. His quiet encouragement. His heartfelt hugs.

I hadn't known at all that he was in rough shape. This shock and this loss hit hard. I wish I'd known, wish I'd been able to be there in some way....

You'll be forever in my heart, buddy.

Love,

~groovn~

Reactions: Waldo and gbg