RIP Jim Ladd

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Discovering late night FM rock radio coming out of Los Angeles felt like something special. I remember listening late with headphones on and the record would hit a scratch. And stay there for like 10 minutes. They'd come back on air giggling.

Reactions: Matilija

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Discovering late night FM rock radio coming out of Los Angeles felt like something special. I remember listening late with headphones on and the record would hit a scratch. And stay there for like 10 minutes. They'd come back on air giggling.
For us "Southers" travelling north for surf, when KLOS or KMET faded out around Dume or Leo, then we knew we were venturing into enemy territory....

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
For us "Southers" travelling north for surf, when KLOS or KMET faded out around Dume or Leo, then we knew we were venturing into enemy territory....
I had a KLOS and KMET bumper sticker on my squareback when I went up to college in Santa Barbara.
My dorm mates took them off the first week I was there.
They knew that mine was the surf mobile and they also knew they didn't want to be pulling up to any spots sporting those stickers. :roflmao:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I had a KLOS and KMET bumper sticker on my squareback when I went up to college in Santa Barbara.
My dorm mates took them off the first week I was there.
They knew that mine was the surf mobile and they also knew they didn't want to be pulling up to any spots sporting those stickers. :roflmao:
I had a "Natural Progression" sicker on my car. It's a wonder it never got vandalized.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I had a "Natural Progression" sicker on my car. It's a wonder it never got vandalized.
That's funny.
I bought a NP board from a friend down South, couldn't resist, it was an absolutely beautiful 6'-4" glassed-in single fin round pin. Great board.
All white, non-descript except for the logo on the deck.
I cut it out and glassed over the hole.
Rode it for a season until MM talked me into a (then new design) 6'2" thruster.
Good move!

Back to radio...
The BEST radio, and still is, was KFOG (SF) and KPYG (SC?)
KPYG still rocking it.
Knew we were entering the CC as we exited Santa Maria going North.
Any radio South of Point Conception is absolute garbage.